Age, Social Capital, and Herders Grassland Renting Decisions in Inner Mongolia, P.R. China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Grootaert, Christiaan, 1999. "Social capital, houshold welfare, and poverty in Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2148, The World Bank.
- Songqing Jin & T. S. Jayne, 2013. "Land Rental Markets in Kenya: Implications for Efficiency, Equity, Household Income, and Poverty," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(2), pages 246-271.
- Gregory M. Perry & Lindon J. Robison, 2001. "Evaluating the Influence of Personal Relationships on Land Sale Prices: A Case Study in Oregon," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(3), pages 385-398.
- Wallace E. Huffman, 1974. "Decision Making: The Role of Education," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 56(1), pages 85-97.
- Xiaohuan Yan & XUEXI HUO, 2016. "Drivers of household entry and intensity in land rental market in rural China: evidence from North Henan Province," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(2), pages 345-364, May.
- Philip Kostov, 2010. "Do Buyers’ Characteristics and Personal Relationships Affect Agricultural Land Prices?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(1), pages 48-65.
- Emmanuel Skoufias, 1995. "Household Resources, Transaction Costs, and Adjustment through Land Tenancy," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 71(1), pages 42-56.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yahui Wang, 2019. "What Affects Participation in the Farmland Rental Market in Rural China? Evidence from CHARLS," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(24), pages 1-1, December.
- Kijima, Yoko & Tabetando, Rayner, 2020.
"Efficiency and equity of rural land markets and the impact on income: Evidence in Kenya and Uganda from 2003 to 2015,"
Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C).
- Rayner Tabetando & Yoko Kijima, 2019. "Efficiency and Equity of Rural Land Markets and the Impact on Income: Evidence in Kenya and Uganda from 2003 to 2015," GRIPS Discussion Papers 19-08, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Curtiss, Jarmila & JelÃnek, Ladislav & HruÅ¡ka, Martin & Medonos, TomÃ¡Å¡ & Vilhelm, VÃ¡clav, 2013. "The Effect of Heterogeneous Buyers on Agricultural Land Prices: The Case of the Czech Land Market," Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, vol. 62(2).
- Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob & Lunduka, Rodney W. & Kanyamuka, Joseph Samuel & Jumbe, Charles & Kaiyatsa, Stevier & Chamberlin, Jordan, 2017. "Do Farm Land Rental Markets Really Promote Efficiency, Equity and Investment in Smallholder African Agriculture? Evidence from a Matched Tenant-Landlord Survey in Malawi," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258391, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Muraoka, Rie & Jin, Songqing & Jayne, T.S., 2018.
"Land access, land rental and food security: Evidence from Kenya,"
Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 611-622.
- Muraoka, Rie & Jin, Songqing & Jayne, Thomas S., 2014. "Land Access, Land Rental and Food Security: Evidence from Kenya," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170244, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Muraoka, Rie & Jin, Songqing & Jayne, Thomas S., 2015. "Land Access, Land Rental and Food Security: Evidence from Kenya," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212513, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Duangbootsee, U., 2018. "The Land Rental Market in Thai Agriculture and Its Impact on Household Welfare," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277349, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gebru, Menasbo & Holden, Stein T. & Tilahun, Mesfin, 2017. "Can the land rental market facilitate smallholder commercialization? Evidence from northern Ethiopia," CLTS Working Papers 10/17, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies, revised 21 Oct 2019.
- Curtiss, Jarmila & Jelínek, Ladislav & Hruška, Martin & Medonos, Tomáš & Vilhelm, Václav, 2013. "The Effect of Heterogeneous Buyers on Agricultural Land Prices: The Case of the Czech Land Market," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 62(02), pages 1-18, May.
- Chamberlin, Jordan & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob, "undated". "Rural land rental markets in Southern Africa: trends, drivers, and impacts on household welfare in Malawi and Zambia," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170434, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Tang, Liang & Ma, Xianlei & Zhou, Yuepeng & Shi, Xiaoping & Ma, Jia, 2019. "Social relations, public interventions and land rent deviation: Evidence from Jiangsu Province in China," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 406-420.
- Gafaro, Margarita & Ibanez, Ana Maria & Zarruk, David, 2012.
"Equidad y eficiencia rural en Colombia: una discusión de políticas para el acceso a la tierra,"
Documentos CEDE Series
146477, Universidad de Los Andes, Economics Department.
- Margarita Gáfaro & Ana María Ibáñez & David Zarruk, 2012. "Equidad y eficiencia rural en Colombia: una discusión de políticas para el acceso a la tierra," Documentos CEDE 010318, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE.
- Hildreth, R.J. & Bentley, Orville G. & Johnson, Glenn L. & Tweeten, Luther & Mellor, John W. & Bromley, Daniel W. & Pope, Rulon D. & Leman, Christopher K. & Paarlberg, Robert L. & King, R.P. & Sonka, , 1985. "Agriculture and Rural Areas Approaching the Twenty-first Century: Challenges for Agricultural Economics," 1985 Annual Meeting, August 4-7, Ames, Iowa 278707, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Deng, Xin & Xu, Dingde & Zeng, Miao & Qi, Yanbin, 2019. "Does early-life famine experience impact rural land transfer? Evidence from China," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 58-67.
- Ayala-Cantu, Luciano & Morando, Bruno, 2020. "Rental markets, gender, and land certificates: Evidence from Vietnam," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C).
- Klaus Deininger & Daniel Ayalew Ali & Tekie Alemu, 2008.
"Assessing the Functioning of Land Rental Markets in Ethiopia,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 67-100, October.
- Deininger, Klaus & Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Alemu, Tekie, 2007. "Assessing the functioning of land rental markets in Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4442, The World Bank.
- Li, Zongzhang & Ma, Yanan, 2015. "Rural Education, Technological Progress and Productivity Growth in China's Agriculture," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212048, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Li, Rui & Li, Qinghai & Lv, Xiaofeng & Zhu, Xi, 2019. "The land rental of Chinese rural households and its welfare effects," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 204-217.
- Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob & Mason, Nicole & Chamberlin, Jordan, 2016. "What Is Driving Farmland Rental Prices In Sub-Saharan Africa? Evidence From Malawi," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235819, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Sanjaya DeSilva, 2000. "Skills, Partnerships and Tenancy in Sri Lankan Rice Farms," Working Papers 819, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Wineman, Ayala & Liverpool-Tasie, Lenis Saweda O., 2017. "Land Markets and Land Access Among Female-Headed Households in Northwestern Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 108-122.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CNA-2018-11-26 (China)
- NEP-SOC-2018-11-26 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-TRA-2018-11-26 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae18:277034. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.