Testing Choice Experiment for Benefit Transfer
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Ready & Ståle Navrud & Brett Day & Richard Dubourg & Fernando Machado & Susana Mourato & Frank Spanninks & Maria Rodriquez, 2004. "Benefit Transfer in Europe: How Reliable Are Transfers between Countries?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 29(1), pages 67-82, September.
- Krinsky, Itzhak & Robb, A Leslie, 1986. "On Approximating the Statistical Properties of Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 715-719, November.
- Kirchhoff, Stefanie & Colby, Bonnie G. & LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1997. "Evaluating the Performance of Benefit Transfer: An Empirical Inquiry," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 75-93, May.
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & Swait,Joffre D., 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304, April.
- Downing, Mark & Ozuna, Teofilo Jr., 1996. "Testing the Reliability of the Benefit Function Transfer Approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 316-322, May.
- Brouwer, Roy, 2000. "Environmental value transfer: state of the art and future prospects," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 137-152, January.
- V. Smith & Subhrendu Pattanayak, 2002. "Is Meta-Analysis a Noah's Ark for Non-Market Valuation?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(1), pages 271-296, June.
- I.J. Bateman & A.P. Jones & A.A. Lovett & I.R. Lake & B.H. Day, 2002. "Applying Geographical Information Systems (GIS) to Environmental and Resource Economics," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(1), pages 219-269, June.
- Mark Morrison & Jeff Bennett & Russell Blamey & Jordan Louviere, 2002. "Choice Modeling and Tests of Benefit Transfer," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(1), pages 161-170.
- Thilo Muthke & Karin Holm-mueller, 2004. "National and International Benefit Transfer Testing with a Rigorous Test Procedure," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 29(3), pages 323-336, November.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Ram Shrestha & John Loomis, 2003. "Meta-Analytic Benefit Transfer of Outdoor Recreation Economic Values: Testing Out-of-Sample Convergent Validity," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 25(1), pages 79-100, May.
- Gregory L. Poe & Michael P. Welsh & Patricia A. Champ, 1997. "Measuring the Difference in Mean Willingness to Pay When Dichotomous Choice Contingent Valuation Responses Are Not Independent," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(2), pages 255-267.
- Anne Rozan, 2004. "Benefit Transfer: A Comparison of WTP for Air Quality between France and Germany," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 29(3), pages 295-306, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kragt, Marit Ellen, 2013. "Evidence-based Research in Environmental Choice Experiments," Working Papers 153335, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Czajkowski, Mikolaj & Buszko-Briggs, Malgorzata & Hanley, Nick, 2009.
"Valuing changes in forest biodiversity,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2910-2917, October.
- Buszko-Briggs, Malgorzata & Czajkowski, Mikolaj & Hanley, Nicholas, 2008. "Valuing Changes in Forest Biodiversity," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2008-17, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Małgorzata Buszko-Briggs & Mikołaj Czajkowski & Nick Hanley, 2008. "Valuing Changes in Forest Biodiversity," Working Papers 2008-02, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Baskaran, Ramesh & Cullen, Ross & Colombo, Sergio, 2010.
"Testing different types of benefit transfer in valuation of ecosystem services: New Zealand winegrowing case studies,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1010-1022, March.
- Baskaran, Ramesh & Cullen, Ross & Colombo, Sergio, 2009. "Testing Different Types of Benefit Transfer in Valuation of Ecosystem Services: New Zealand Winegrowing Case Studies," 2009 Conference (53rd), February 11-13, 2009, Cairns, Australia 48189, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Angelina Lázaro Alquézar & Begoña Álvarez Farizo, 2006. "Prioritisation of patients on waiting lists: a community workshop approach," Documentos de Trabajo dt2006-08, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad de Zaragoza.
- Doherty, Edel & Campbell, Danny & Hynes, Stephen, 2012. "Exploring cost heterogeneity in recreational demand," Working Papers 148832, Socio-Economic Marine Research Unit, National University of Ireland, Galway.
- Ekin Birol & Phoebe Koundouri & Yiannis Kountouris, "undated".
"Applications of the Choice Experiment Method in Europe: A Review,"
DEOS Working Papers
0803, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Birol, Ekin & Koundouri, Phoebe & Kountoyris, Yiannis, 2008. "Applications of the Choice Experiment Method in Europe: A Review," MPRA Paper 41903, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Angel Bujosa & Antoni Riera & Robert Hicks, 2010.
"Combining Discrete and Continuous Representations of Preference Heterogeneity: A Latent Class Approach,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 47(4), pages 477-493, December.
- Angel Bujosa Bestard & Antoni Riera Font & Robert L. Hicks, 2009. "Combining discrete and continuous representations of preference heterogeneity: a latent class approach," CRE Working Papers (Documents de treball del CRE) 2009/2, Centre de Recerca Econòmica (UIB ·"Sa Nostra").
- Qenani-Petrela, Eivis & Noel, Jay E. & Mastin, Thomas, 2007. "A Benefit Transfer Approach to the Estimation of Agro-Ecosystems Services Benefits: A Case Study of Kern County, California," Research Project Reports 121605, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California Institute for the Study of Specialty Crops.
- Balcombe, Kelvin & Chalak, Ali & Fraser, Iain, 2009. "Model selection for the mixed logit with Bayesian estimation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 226-237, March.
- Genty, Aurélien, 2005. "Du concept à la fiabilité de la méthode du transfert en économie de l’environnement : un état de l’art," Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR), INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research), vol. 77.
- Murray Rudd, 2011. "An Exploratory Analysis of Societal Preferences for Research-Driven Quality of Life Improvements in Canada," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 101(1), pages 127-153, March.
- Ohdoko, Taro, 2008. "Comparison of Complete Combinatorial and Likelihood Ratio Tests: Empirical Findings from Residential Choice Experiments," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6139, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- De Valck, Jeremy & Vlaeminck, Pieter & Liekens, Inge & Aertsens, Joris & Chen, Wendy & Vranken, Liesbet, 2012. "The sources of preference heterogeneity for nature restoration scenarios," Working Papers 146522, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Colombo, Sergio & Hanley, Nick, 2007. "What Determines Prediction Errors In Benefits Transfer Models?," 81st Annual Conference, April 2-4, 2007, Reading University 7967, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Rivas Palma, Rosa Maria & Manley, Bruce & Kerr, Geoffrey N., 2012. "Environmental and Social Values from Plantation Forests: A Study in New Zealand with Focus on the Hawke’s Bay Region," 2009 Conference, August 27-28, 2009, Nelson, New Zealand 136074, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Miko?aj Czajkowski & Maciej Sobolewski, 2011.
"Measuring network effects in mobile telecommunications markets with stated-preference valuation methods,"
International Journal of Management and Network Economics,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(2), pages 197-215.
- Czajkowski, Mikolaj & Sobolewski, Maciej, 2010. "Measuring Network Effects in Mobile Telecommunications Markets with Stated‐Preference Valuation Methods," 21st European Regional ITS Conference, Copenhagen 2010: Telecommunications at new crossroads - Changing value configurations, user roles, and regulation 5, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Gao, Zhifeng & Yu, Xiaohua & House, Lisa, 2009. "Using Choice Experiment to Estimate Consumer Valuation: the Role of Experiment Design and Attribute Information Loads," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49406, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Aurélien Genty, 2005. "Du concept à la fiabilité de la méthode du transfert en économie de l’environnement : un état de l’art," Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 77, pages 5-34.
- Morten Mørkbak & Tove Christensen & Dorte Gyrd-Hansen, 2010. "Choke Price Bias in Choice Experiments," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 45(4), pages 537-551, April.
- Baskaran, Ramesh & Cullen, Ross & Colombo, Sergio, 2010. "Economic Valuation of Ecosystem Services in New Zealand Winegrowing Regions: Testing for Benefit Transfer," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 6(1-2).
- Kragt, Marit Ellen & Bennett, Jeffrey W., 2008.
"Developing a Questionnaire for Valuing Changes in Natural Resource Management in the George Catchment, Tasmania,"
94807, Australian National University, Environmental Economics Research Hub.
- Marit E. Kragt & Jeff Bennett, 2008. "Developing a Questionnaire for Valuing Changes in Natural Resource Management in the George Catchment, Tasmania," Environmental Economics Research Hub Research Reports 0808, Environmental Economics Research Hub, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Aurélien Genty, 2005. "Du concept à la fiabilité de la méthode du transfert en économie de l’environnement : un état de l’art," Post-Print hal-01201112, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordschoice experiment; benefit transfer; soil erosion; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods; Q30;
- Q30 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae05:24747. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.