Improving Measures for Targeting Agri-Environmental Payments: The Case of High Nature Value Farming
The debate on optimization of policies and instruments of the European agriculture has been lasting for several decades and still there is no unified opinion on that aspect. Although there is an unanimity on targets these policies should achieve, there is an ongoing discussion on policy tools and instruments for practical implementation of CAP in connection with agri-environmental payments. The aim of this paper is to contribute to this discussion by looking at the developed approaches to evaluate environmental and economic efficiency simultaneously as well as to examine possibilities for more targeted agricultural support by an implementation of economic-environmental efficiency analysis. In this regard it is especially interesting to consider the case of support for sustainable land use practices such as in HNV farming (high nature value) and the opportunities of implementing such analyses in areas of HNV agriculture: we consider in particular disadvantageous mountain areas in the Romanian Carpathians and the bordering areas in the Ukrainian Carpathians.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stefan Mann, 2005. "Different Perspectives on Cross-Compliance," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 14(4), pages 471-482, November.
- Fabio Bartolini & Vittorio Gallerani & Meri Raggi & Davide Viaggi, 2012. "Modelling the Linkages between Cross-Compliance and Agri-Environmental Schemes Under Asymmetric Information," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(2), pages 310-330, 06.
- Stijn Reinhard & C.A. Knox Lovell & Geert Thijssen, 1999. "Econometric Estimation of Technical and Environmental Efficiency: An Application to Dutch Dairy Farms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 44-60.
- Timo Kuosmanen & Mika Kortelainen, 2004. "Data Envelopment Analysis in Environmental Valuation: Environmental Performance, Eco-efficiency and Cost-Benefit Analysis," Others 0409004, EconWPA.
- Beard, Nick & Swinbank, Alan, 2001. "Decoupled payments to facilitate CAP reform," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 121-145, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa126:125648. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.