The role of the Common Agricultural Policy in the spatial location of agricultural activities
The objective of this paper is to analyse and quantify the spatial dimension of the CAP effects in an area of Northern Italy. The analysis is based on survey information about stated intentions of farm-household in two CAP scenarios, treated through statistical analysis intended to identify the potential determinants of different farm reactions, focusing on explicit spatial variables (altitude, LFA, agrarian regions) among explanatory variables. Altogether, the study shows the relevance of explicitly addressing the spatial effects of policies and also the differentiated spatial effect of policy on different dimensions of agricultural activities. However, the work also highlights the limitation of the location-based representation of the spatial dimension compared with both non-spatial variables and more functional variables underlying the spatial dimension.
|Date of creation:||27 Oct 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johan Swinnen & Pavel Ciaian & d’Artis Kancs, 2008.
"Functioning of Land Markets in the EU Member States,"
Journal of Economics and Econometrics,
Economics and Econometrics Society, vol. 51(2), pages 48-62.
- Johan Swinnen & Pavel Ciaian & d’Artis Kancs, 2008. "Study on the Functioning of Land Markets in the EU Member States under the Influence of Measures applied under the Common Agricultural Policy," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2008_04, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Lobianco, Antonello & Esposti, Roberto, 2010. "The Regional Multi-Agent Simulator (RegMAS): an open-source spatially explicit model to assess the impact of agricultural policies," MPRA Paper 25817, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Balamou, Eudokia & Pouliaikas, Kostas & Roberts, Deborah & Psaltopoulos, Demetrios, 2008. "Modeling The Rural-Urban Effects Of Changes In Agricultural Policies: A Bi-Regional Cge Analysis Of Two Case Study Regions," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6651, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Thomson, Kenneth J. & Psaltopoulos, Demetrios, 2007. "General Equilibrium Analysis of the Spatial Impacts of Rural Policy," 103rd Seminar, April 23-25, 2007, Barcelona, Spain 9402, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lobianco, Antonello & Esposti, Roberto, 2008. "The Regional Multi-Agent Simulator (RegMAS): assessing the impact of the "Health Check" in an Italian region," 109th Seminar, November 20-21, 2008, Viterbo, Italy 44865, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mark Brady & Konrad Kellermann & Christoph Sahrbacher & Ladislav Jelinek, 2009. "Impacts of Decoupled Agricultural Support on Farm Structure, Biodiversity and Landscape Mosaic: Some EU Results," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 563-585.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa116:95242. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.