Using participating and financial contracts to insure catastrophe risk: Implications for crop risk management
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Geoffroy Enjolras & Robert Kast, 2008. "Using participating and financial contracts to insure catastrophe risk: Implications for crop risk management," Working Papers 08-01, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Jan 2008.
References listed on IDEAS
- Doherty, Neil A & Dionne, Georges, 1993. "Insurance with Undiversifiable Risk: Contract Structure and Organizational Form of Insurance Firms," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 187-203, April.
- Neil A. Doherty & Harris Schlesinger, 2001. "Insurance Contracts and Securitization," CESifo Working Paper Series 559, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dwight M. Jaffee & Thomas Russell, 1996. "Catastrophe Insurance, Capital Markets and Uninsurable Risks," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-12, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Marshall, John M, 1974. "Insurance Theory: Reserves versus Mutuality," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(4), pages 476-492, December.
- Arrow, Kenneth J, 1996. "The Theory of Risk-Bearing: Small and Great Risks," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 12(2-3), pages 103-111, May.
- Raviv, Artur, 1979. "The Design of an Optimal Insurance Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 84-96, March.
- Olivier Mahul, 2001. "Managing Catastrophic Risk Through Insurance and Securitization," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 656-661.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Geoffroy Enjolras & Robert Kast & Patrick Sentis, 2009. "Diversification in Area-Yield Crop Insurance : The Multi Linear Additive Model," Working Papers 09-15, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Nov 2009.
- Robert Kast, 2011. "Managing financial risks due to natural catastrophes," Working Papers hal-00610241, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsCatastrophe risk; Crop insurance; Optimal hedging; Securitization; Crop Production/Industries; Risk and Uncertainty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa101:9268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.