The Effects of the Food Stamp Program on Energy Balance and Obesity
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Parks, Joanna C. & Smith, Aaron D. & Alston, Julian M., 2011. "The Effects of the Food Stamp Program on Energy Balance and Obesity," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103537, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ver Ploeg, Michele & Mancino, Lisa & Lin, Biing-Hwan & Wang, Chia-Yih, 2007. "The vanishing weight gap: Trends in obesity among adult food stamp participants (US) (1976-2002)," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 20-36, March.
- Ver Ploeg, Michele & Ralston, Katherine L., 2008. "Food Stamps and Obesity: What Do We Know?," Economic Information Bulletin 58640, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
More about this item
KeywordsFood Stamp Program (FSP); Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP); obesity; body mass index (BMI); nutrition assistance; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Q18; H53; I12; I18; I38;
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aare11:100692. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaresea.html .