On the Economics of Precision Agriculture: Technical, Informational and Environmental Aspects
The paper presents an integrated framework of biophysical and economic modelling as a novel approach towards precision agriculture research. A theoretical economic model determining the optimal number of precision agriculture management units within a given field of land is presented. The model is expanded to account for the value of the research information provided be the precision agriculture researchers. Since the inherent environmental values associated with precision agriculture are often omitted from the economic analysis, an attempt is made to incorporate these values into the model. The versions of the model are empirically tested using the data available.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael D. Weiss, 1996. "Precision Farming and Spatial Economic Analysis: Research Challenges and Opportunities," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1275-1280.
- Bongiovanni, Rodolfo & Lowenberg-DeBoer, James, 2001. "Precision Agriculture: Economics Of Nitrogen Management In Corn Using Site-Specific Crop Response Estimates From A Spatial Regression Model," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20650, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Hurley, Terrance M. & Malzer, Gary L. & Kilian, Bernard, 2003.
"Estimating Site-Specific Nitrogen Crop Response Functions: A Conceptual Framework And Geostatistical Model,"
2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada
21950, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Malzer, Gary L. & Hurley, Terrance M. & Kilian, Bernard, 2004. "Estimating Site-Specific Nitrogen Crop Response Functions: A Conceptual Framework And Geostatistical Model," Staff Papers 14111, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Sankar, . Ulaganathan (ed.), 2001. "Environmental Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195659139.
- Ancev, Tihomir & Stoecker, Arthur L. & Storm, Daniel E., 2003. "Optimal Spatial Allocation Of Waste Management Practices To Reduce Phosphorus Pollution In A Watershed," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22179, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aare04:58362. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.