Non-Parametric Approaches To Environmentally Sensitive Analysis Of Economic Performance: Technical Change And Productivity Growth In The Canadian Pulp And Paper Industry, 1959-1994
This study proposes non-parametric techniques for environmentally sensitive analysis of economic performance. The techniques are implemented using Canadian pulp and paper industry data covering the period from 1959 to 1994. The results indicate that productivity improvement has been more successful than conventional measures would suggest.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.orgEmail:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Banker, Rajiv D & Maindiratta, Ajay, 1988. "Nonparametric Analysis of Technical and Allocative Efficiencies in Production," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1315-32, November.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1989. "Multilateral Productivity Comparisons When Some Outputs Are Undesirable: A Nonparametric Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 90-98, February.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
- JEAN-PAUL CHAVAS & Michael Aliber & THOMAS L. COX, 1994.
"A Nonparametric Analysis of the Source and Nature of Technical Change: the Case of U.S. Agriculture,"
Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers
373, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Jean-Paul CHAVAS & Michael ALIBER & Thomas L. COX, 1994. "A Nonparametric Analysis Of The Source And Nature Of Technical Change: The Case Of U.S. Agriculture," Staff Papers 373, University of Wisconsin Madison, AAE.
- Ferrier, Gary D. & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1990. "Measuring cost efficiency in banking : Econometric and linear programming evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 229-245.
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Thomas L. Cox, 1994. "Nonparametric Analysis of Production Efficiency," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 371, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Hailu, Atakelty & Veeman, Terrence S., 2000. "Environmentally Sensitive Productivity Analysis of the Canadian Pulp and Paper Industry, 1959-1994: An Input Distance Function Approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 251-274, November.
- Forsund, Finn R. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1980. "A survey of frontier production functions and of their relationship to efficiency measurement," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 5-25, May.
- Hanoch, Giora & Rothschild, Michael, 1972. "Testing the Assumptions of Production Theory: A Nonparametric Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 256-75, March-Apr.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea98:20813. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.