Where to invest in the Indus Basin Irrigation System in Pakistan to improve land and water productivity? Insights from a hierarchical model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dawit K. Mekonnen & Hira Channa & Claudia Ringler, 2015.
"The impact of water users' associations on the productivity of irrigated agriculture in Pakistani Punjab,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(5-6), pages 733-747, September.
- Mekonnen, Dawit Kelemework & Channa, Hira & Ringler, Claudia, 2014. "The impact of water users' associations on the productivity of irrigated agriculture in Pakistani Punjab," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170482, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mekonnen, Dawit & Channa, Hira & Ringler, Claudia, 2015. "The impact of water users' associations on the productivity of irrigated agriculture in Pakistani Punjab," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212453, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Byrnes, K.J., 1992. "Water Users Associations in World Bank-Assisted Irrigation Projects in Pakistan," Papers 173, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Bandaragoda, D. J. & Saeed ur Rehman, 1995. "Warabandi in Pakistan's canal irrigation systems: widening gap between theory and practice," IWMI Books, Reports H017571, International Water Management Institute.
- Mabsout, Ramzi & van Staveren, Irene, 2010. "Disentangling Bargaining Power from Individual and Household Level to Institutions: Evidence on Women's Position in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 783-796, May.
- Francesco Aiello & Fernanda Ricotta, 2014.
"Firm Heterogeneity In Productivity Across Europe. What Explains What?,"
201404, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Francesco Aiello & Fernanda Ricotta, 2014. "Firm heterogeneity in productivity across Europe. What explains what?," ERSA conference papers ersa14p808, European Regional Science Association.
- Aiello, Francesco & Ricotta, Fernanda, 2014. "Firm heterogeneity in productivity across Europe. What explains what?," MPRA Paper 56222, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aiello, Francesco & Ricotta, Fernanda, 2014. "Firm heterogeneity in productivity across Europe. What explains what?," MPRA Paper 63234, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 25 Mar 2015.
- Mikael Svensson & Curt Hagquist, 2010.
"Adolescents alcohol-use and economic conditions: a multilevel analysis of data from a period with big economic changes,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 11(6), pages 533-541, December.
- Svensson, Mikael & Hagquist, Curt, 2009. "Adolescent Alcohol-use and Economic Conditions: A Multilevel Analysis of Data from a Period with Big Economic Changes," Working Papers 2009:6, Örebro University, School of Business.
- Michler, Jeffrey D. & Viens, Frederi & Shively, Gerald, 2015.
"Risk, Agricultural Production, and Weahter Index Insurance in Village South Asia,"
2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy
212460, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Michler, Jeffrey D. & Viens, Frederi G. & Shively, Gerald E., 2015. "Risk, Agricultural Production, and Weather Index Insurance in Village South Asia," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205297, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Dinar, Ariel & Balakrishnan, Trichur K. & Wambia, Joseph, 2004. "Politics of institutional reforms in the water and drainage sector of Pakistan," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 409-445, July.
- Dawit Mekonnen & Afreen Siddiqi & Claudia Ringler, 2016. "Drivers of groundwater use and technical efficiency of groundwater, canal water, and conjunctive use in Pakistan’s Indus Basin Irrigation System," International Journal of Water Resources Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 459-476, May.
- Overmars, Koen P. & Verburg, Peter H., 2006. "Multilevel modelling of land use from field to village level in the Philippines," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 435-456, September.
- Li Swain & Steven Garasky, 2007. "Migration Decisions of Dual-earner Families: An Application of Multilevel Modeling," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 151-170, March.
More about this item
KeywordsCrop Production/Industries; International Development; Production Economics; Productivity Analysis;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea16:235977. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.