When Ignorance Is Not Bliss: Pest Control Decisions Involving Beneficial Insects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harper, Carolyn R., 1991. "Predator-Prey Systems In Pest Management," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 20(1), April.
- Cheryl Brown & Lori Lynch & David Zilberman, 2002.
"The Economics of Controlling Insect-Transmitted Plant Diseases,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(2), pages 279-291.
- Brown, Cheryl & Lynch, Lori & Zilberman, David, 2000. "The Economics Of Controlling Insect-Transmitted Plant Diseases," Working Papers 28557, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Thomas L. Marsh & Ray G. Huffaker & Garrell E. Long, 2000. "Optimal Control of Vector-Virus-Plant Interactions: The Case of Potato Leafroll Virus Net Necrosis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(3), pages 556-569.
- Regev, Uri & Shalit, Haim & Gutierrez, A. P., 1983. "On the optimal allocation of pesticides with increasing resistance: The case of alfalfa weevil," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 86-100, March.
- Sara K. Schumacher & Thomas L. Marsh & Kimberly A. Williams, 2006. "Optimal pest control in greenhouse production of ornamental crops," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 34(1), pages 39-50, January.
- repec:ags:jrapmc:122310 is not listed on IDEAS
- Plant, Richard E. & Mangel, Marc & Flynn, Lawrence E., 1985. "Multiseasonal management of an agricultural pest II: the economic optimization problem," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 45-61, March.
- Ceddia, M.G. & Heikkil, J. & Peltola, J., 2009. "Managing invasive alien species with professional and hobby farmers: Insights from ecological-economic modelling," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 1366-1374, March.
- Feder, G. & Regev, U., 1975. "Biological interactions and environmental effects in the economics of pest control," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 75-91, December.
- Grogan, Kelly A. & Goodhue, Rachael E., 2012. "Spatial Externalities of Pest Control Decisions in the California Citrus Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(1), April.
More about this item
Keywordsbeneficial insect; dynamic optimization; pest control; pesticide; Agricultural and Food Policy; Production Economics; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea13:149610. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.