The Role of Harvest Timing in Pest Management: Grower Response to Infestation by the California Olive Fruit Fly
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pannell, David J., 1991.
"Pests and pesticides, risk and risk aversion,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 5(4), August.
- Thomas L. Marsh & Ray G. Huffaker & Garrell E. Long, 2000. "Optimal Control of Vector-Virus-Plant Interactions: The Case of Potato Leafroll Virus Net Necrosis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(3), pages 556-569.
- Atanu Saha & C. Richard Shumway & Arthur Havenner, 1997. "The Economics and Econometrics of Damage Control," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 773-785.
- H. Talpaz & G. L. Curry & P. J. H. Sharpe & D. W. DeMichele & R. E. Frisbie, 1978. "Optimal Pesticide Application for Controlling the Boll Weevil on Cotton," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 60(3), pages 469-475.
- Bruce A. Babcock & Erik Lichtenberg & David Zilberman, 1992.
"Impact of Damage Control and Quality of Output: Estimating Pest Control Effectiveness,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(1), pages 163-172.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Lichtenberg, E. & Zilberman, David, 1992. "Impact of Damage Control and Quality of Output: Estimating Pest Control Effectiveness," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10589, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Cobourn, Kelly M. & Goodhue, Rachael E. & Williams, Jeffrey C. & Zalom, Frank, 2008. "Pests and Agricultural Commodity Losses: Evaluating Alternative Approaches to Damage Function Estimation," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6530, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- William Deen & Alfons Weersink & Calum G. Turvey & Susan Weaver, 1993. "Weed Control Decision Rules under Uncertainty," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 15(1), pages 39-50.
- Moffitt, L. Joe & Hall, Darwin C. & Osteen, Craig D., 1984. "Economic Thresholds Under Uncertainty with Application to Corn Nematode Management," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(02), pages 151-158, December.
- Christiaans, Thomas & Eichner, Thomas & Pethig, Rudiger, 2007.
"Optimal pest control in agriculture,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3965-3985, December.
- Thomas Christiaans & Thomas Eichner & Rüdiger Pethig, 2005. "Optimal pest control in agriculture," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 122-05, Universität Siegen, Fakultät Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Wirtschaftsinformatik und Wirtschaftsrecht.
- Thomas Christiaans & Thomas Eichner & Rüdiger Pethig, 2005. "Optimal Pest Control in Agriculture," CESifo Working Paper Series 1507, CESifo Group Munich.
- Moffitt, L. Joe & Hall, Darwin C. & Osteen, Craig D., 1984. "Economic Thresholds Under Uncertainty With Application To Corn Nematode Management," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(02), December.
- Feder, G. & Regev, U., 1975. "Biological interactions and environmental effects in the economics of pest control," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 75-91, December.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea09:49475. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.