Agricultural Productivity, Climate Change and Water availability in Sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Nordhaus, William D & Shaw, Daigee, 1994. "The Impact of Global Warming on Agriculture: A Ricardian Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 753-771, September.
- Dinar, A. & Mendelsohn, R. & Evenson, R. & Parikh, J. & Sanghi, A. & Kumar, K. & McKinsey, J. & Lonergen, S., 1998. "Measuring the Impact of CLimate Change on Indian Agriculture," Papers 402, World Bank - Technical Papers.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Deressa, T. & Hassan, Rashid M. & Poonyth, Daneswar, 2005. "Measuring the impact of climate change on South African agriculture: The case of sugar-cane growing regions," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 44(4), pages 1-19, December.
- Seo, Niggol & Mendelsohn, Robert, 2007. "A Ricardian analysis of the impact of climate change on Latin American farms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4163, The World Bank.
- William M. Fonta & Aymar Y. Bossa & Mouhamadou B. Sylla, 2017. "The Economic Impact of Climate Change on Plantation Agriculture in Nigeria: Implication for Enhanced Productivity," Working Papers 342, African Economic Research Consortium, Research Department.
- Ranajit Chakrabarty & Smwarajit Lahiri Chakravarty, 2013. "Indian agriculture in the era of global warming," Chapters, in: Moazzem Hossain & Tapan Sarker & Malcolm McIntosh (ed.), The Asian Century, Sustainable Growth and Climate Change, chapter 5, pages 111-136, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Burhan Ozkan & Handan Akcaoz, 2002. "Impacts of climate factors on yields for selected crops in the Southern Turkey," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 367-380, December.
- Andreas Exenberger & Andreas Pondorfer & Maik H. Wolters, 2014.
"Estimating the impact of climate change on agricultural production: accounting for technology heterogeneity across countries,"
2014-16, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Exenberger, Andreas & Pondorfer, Andreas & Wolters, Maik H., 2014. "Estimating the impact of climate change on agricultural production: Accounting for technology heterogeneity across countries," Kiel Working Papers 1920, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Howard, Peter & Sterner, Thomas, 2014. "Raising the Temperature on Food Prices: Climate Change, Food Security, and the Social Cost of Carbon," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170648, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Garcia, Maria & Viladrich-Grau, Montserrat, 2009.
"The economic relevance of climate variables in agriculture: The case of Spain,"
Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 9(02), pages 1-32.
- Garcia-Flecha, Maria & Viladrich-Grau, Montserrat, 2005. "The economic relevance of climate variables in agriculture: The case of Spain," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19154, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- K. S. Kavi Kumar, 2011.
"Climate sensitivity of Indian agriculture: do spatial effects matter?,"
Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 4(2), pages 221-235.
- K. S. Kavi Kumar, "undated". "Climate Sensitivity of Indian Agriculture Do Spatial Effects Matter?," Working papers 45, The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics.
- K S Kavi Kumar, 2010. "Climate Sensitivity of Indian Agriculture Do Spatial Effects Matter?," Working Papers id:2408, eSocialSciences.
- Thapa, Sridhar & Joshi, Ganesh Raj, 2010. "A Ricardian analysis of the climate change impact on Nepalese agriculture," MPRA Paper 29785, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2011.
- K.S. Kavi Kumar, 2009. "Climate Sensitivity of Indian Agriculture," Working Papers 2009-043, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Shreekant Gupta & Partha Sen & Suchita Srinivasan, 2014.
"Impact Of Climate Change On The Indian Economy: Evidence From Food Grain Yields,"
Climate Change Economics (CCE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 5(02), pages 1-29.
- Shreekant Gupta & Partha Sen & Suchita Srinivasan, 2012. "Impact of Climate Change on the Indian Economy-Evidence from Foodgrain Yields," Working papers 218, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Shreekant Gupta & Partha Sen, 2012. "Impact Of Climate Change On The Indian Economy: Evidence From Foodgrain Yields," Working Papers id:5171, eSocialSciences.
- V. Saravanakumar, "undated". "Impact of Climate Change on Yield of Major Food Crops in Tamil Nadu, India," Working papers 91, The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics.
- Anubhab Pattanayak & K. S. Kavi Kumar, 2014.
"Weather Sensitivity Of Rice Yield: Evidence From India,"
Climate Change Economics (CCE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 5(04), pages 1-24.
- Anubhab Pattanayak & K. S. Kavi Kumar, 2013. "Weather Sensitivity of Rice Yield: Evidence from India," Working Papers 2013-081, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Aboua, Christian, 2013. "Climate, International Trade and Crop Biodiversity in West Africa Countries," 2013 Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160524, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Anslem Bawayelaazaa Nyuor & Emmanuel Donkor & Robert Aidoo & Samuel Saaka Buah & Jesse B. Naab & Stephen K. Nutsugah & Jules Bayala & Robert Zougmoré, 2016. "Economic Impacts of Climate Change on Cereal Production: Implications for Sustainable Agriculture in Northern Ghana," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-17, August.
- Attavanich, Witsanu, 2013. "The Effect of Climate Change on Thailand’s Agriculture," MPRA Paper 84005, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2014.
- Subhadra Banda, 2013. "The Case of Slum Rehabilitation in Delhi," Working Papers id:5522, eSocialSciences.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Dinar, Ariel, 1999. "Climate Change, Agriculture, and Developing Countries: Does Adaptation Matter?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(2), pages 277-293, August.
- Mark W Rosegrant & Gary Yohe & Mandy Ewing & Rowena Valmonte-Santos & Tingju Zhu & Ian Burton & Saleemul Huq, 2010.
"Climate Change and Asian Agriculture,"
Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 7(1), pages 41-81, June.
- Zhu, Tingju & Burton, Ian & Huq, Saleemul & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Yohe, Gary & Ewing, Mandy & Valmonte-Santos, Rowena, 2010. "Climate Change and Asian Agriculture," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 7(1), pages 1-41, June.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy; Productivity Analysis; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-05-24 (Africa)
- NEP-EFF-2011-05-24 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENE-2011-05-24 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2011-05-24 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea11:104001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.