Changes in Debt Patterns and Financial Structure of Farm Businesses: A Double Hurdle Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jaffee, Dwight M & Modigliani, Franco, 1969. "A Theory and Test of Credit Rationing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 850-872, December.
- Euan Phimister, 1995. "Farm Household Production In The Presence Of Restrictions On Debt: Theory And Policy Implications," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 371-380.
- Ani L. Katchova, 2005. "Factors affecting farm credit use," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 65(2), pages 17-29, July.
- Phimister, Euan, 1995. "The Impact of Borrowing Constraints on Farm Households: A Life-Cycle Approach," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 22(1), pages 61-86.
- Yan, Yan & Katchova, Ani L. & Barry, Peter J., 2004. "Risk Balancing Using Farm Level Data: An Econometric Analysis," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20142, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ani L. Katchova, 2005. "The Farm Diversification Discount," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(4), pages 984-994.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & El-Osta, Hisham S. & Morehart, Mitchell J. & Johnson, James D. & Hopkins, Jeffrey W., 2002. "Income, Wealth, And The Economic Well-Being Of Farm Households," Agricultural Economics Reports 33967, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Zhao, Jianmei & Barry, Peter J. & Katchova, Ani L., 2008.
"Signaling Credit Risk in Agriculture: Implications for Capital Structure Analysis,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(03), December.
- Zhao, Jianmei & Barry, Peter J. & Katchova, Ani L., 2008. "Signaling Credit Risk in Agriculture: Implications for Capital Structure Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(03), pages 805-820, December.
- Johann Kirsten & Julian May & Sheryl Hendriks & Charles L. Machethe & Cecelia Punt & Mike Lyne, 2007. "South Africa," Chapters,in: Beyond Food Production, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Calum G. Turvey & Alfons Weersink, 1997. "Credit Risk and the Demand for Agricultural Loans," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 45(3), pages 201-217, November.
- Ani L. Katchova & Peter J. Barry, 2005. "Credit Risk Models and Agricultural Lending," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(1), pages 194-205.
- Pollak, Robert A, 1985. "A Transaction Cost Approach to Families and Households," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 581-608, June.
More about this item
Keywordsfarm debt; farm credit; double-hurdle model; farm businesses; Agricultural Finance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea09:49402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.