An Optimal Control Approach To Water Quality Trading: Cost-Effective Point/Nonpoint Management In A Watershed Framework
This study reflects a growing interest in water quality trading involving both point and nonpoint sources in a watershed framework. An empirical spatial-temporal optimal control model is presented and solved to assess the scope and implications of point/nonpoint trading. Results indicate significant economic gains to broader based interpretations of trading rules.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard T. Woodward & Ronald A. Kaiser, 2002. "Market Structures for U.S. Water Quality Trading," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 24(2), pages 366-383.
- Gaudet, G. & Moreaux, M. & Salant, S.W., 1997.
"Intertemporal and Spatial Depletion of Landfills,"
97-07, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- GAUDET, Gérard & MOREAUX, Michel & SALANT, Stephen W., 1997. "Intertemporal and Spatial Depletion of Landfills," Cahiers de recherche 9718, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Gaudet, G. & Moreaux, M. & Salant, S.W., 1997. "Intertemporal and Spatial Depletion of Landfills," Cahiers de recherche 9718, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Makris, Miltiadis, 2001. "Necessary conditions for infinite-horizon discounted two-stage optimal control problems," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1935-1950, December.
- Ali, Md Kamar & Fletcher, Jerald J. & Phipps, Tim T., 2002. "Stream Water Quality Management: A Stochastic Mixed-Integer Programming Model," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19811, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Pace, R. Kelley & Barry, Ronald & Gilley, Otis W. & Sirmans, C. F., 2000. "A method for spatial-temporal forecasting with an application to real estate prices," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 229-246.
- Greiner, Romy & Cacho, Oscar, 2001. "On the efficient use of a catchment's land and water resources: dryland salinization in Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 441-458, September.
- Mary Riddel, 2001. "A Dynamic Approach to Estimating Hedonic Prices for Environmental Goods: An Application to Open Space Purchase," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(4), pages 494-512.
- Richard D. Horan, 2001. "Differences in Social and Public Risk Perceptions and Conflicting Impacts on Point/Nonpoint Trading Ratios," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(4), pages 934-941.
- Kurt Stephenson & Patricia Norris & Leonard Shabman, 1998. "Watershed-Based Effluent Trading: The Nonpoint Source Challenge," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 16(4), pages 412-421, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea04:20195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.