Delivery Option In Futures Contracts And Basis Behavior At Contract Maturity
Estimates of the joint value of the timing and location options in the corn futures contract on the CBOT are obtained by using a multinomial diffusion process. The estimated option values will be used in a model to explain basis behavior on the first day of the maturity month.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Boyle, Phelim P, 1989. " The Quality Option and Timing Option in Futures Contracts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(1), pages 101-13, March.
- Frank Milne & Dilip Madan & Hersh Shefrin, 1990.
"The Multinomial Option Pricing Model and Its Brownian and Poisson Limits,"
1162, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Madan, Dilip B & Milne, Frank & Shefrin, Hersh, 1989. "The Multinomial Option Pricing Model and Its Brownian and Poisson Limits," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(2), pages 251-65.
- Johnson, Herb, 1987. "Options on the Maximum or the Minimum of Several Assets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 277-283, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea00:21732. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.