Influences Of Human Capital And Farm Characteristics On Farmers' Risk Attitudes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lins, David A. & Gabriel, Stephen C. & Sonka, Steven T., 1981. "An Analysis Of The Risk Aversion Of Farm Operators: An Asset Portfolio Approach," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 6(1), pages 1-16, July.
- George F. Patrick & Stanton Ullerich, 1996. "Information sources and risk attitudes of large-scale farmers, farm managers, and agricultural bankers," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(5), pages 461-471.
- Peter J. Barry & Donald R. Fraser, 1976. "Risk Management in Primary Agricultural Production: Methods, Distribution, Rewards, and Structural Implications," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 58(2), pages 286-295.
- Hans P. Binswanger, 1980.
"Attitudes Toward Risk: Experimental Measurement in Rural India,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(3), pages 395-407.
- Hans Binswanger, 1980. "Attitudes toward risk: Experimental measurement in rural india," Artefactual Field Experiments 00009, The Field Experiments Website.
- G. C. van Kooten & Andrew Schmitz, 1992. "Preserving Waterfowl Habitat on the Canadian Prairies: Economic Incentives versus Moral Suasion," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(1), pages 79-89.
- Schertz, Lyle P. & Martin, J. Rod & Forste, Robert H. & Frick, George E. & Rogers, Georg B. & Van Arsdall, Roy N. & Gilliam, Henry C. & McArthur, W.C. & Lagrone, William Franklin & Johnson, Stanley S., 1979. "Another revolution in U.S. farming?," Economics Statistics and Cooperative Services (ESCS) Reports 294032, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Jolly, Robert W., 1983. "Risk Management in Agricultural Production," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11459, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Martin, Sandra, 1996. "Risk Management Strategies in New Zealand Agriculture and Horticulture," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 64(01), pages 1-14, April.
- Robert W. Jolly, 1983. "Risk Management in Agricultural Production," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 65(5), pages 1107-1113.
- Ian M. Sheldon, 1996. "Contracting, Imperfect Information, and the Food System," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 18(1), pages 7-19.
- William Lin & G. W. Dean & C. V. Moore, 1974. "An Empirical Test of Utility vs. Profit Maximization in Agricultural Production," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 56(3), pages 497-508.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lu, Wencong C. & Xi, Aiqin & Ye, Jian, 2006. "Modeling Risk Behavior of Agricultural Production in Chinese Small Households," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25656, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- S. Martin & F. McLeay, 1998. "The Diversity of Farmers' Risk Management Strategies in a Deregulated New Zealand Environment," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 218-233, June.
- Gomez-Limon, Jose A. & Arriaza, Manuel & Riesgo, Laura, 2003. "An MCDM analysis of agricultural risk aversion," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 151(3), pages 569-585, December.
- Hardaker, J. B., 1982. "Fundamental Aspects Of Risk And Uncertainty In Agriculture," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 21(2), October.
- Lyman, Nathaniel & Nalley, Lawton Lanier, 2013. "Stochastic Valuation of Hybrid Rice Technology in Arkansas," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 142505, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Manuela Larcher & Martin Schönhart & Erwin Schmid, 2016. "Risikobewertung und Risikomanagement landwirtschaftlicher BetriebsleiterInnen in Österreich – deskriptive Befragungsergebnisse 2015," Working Papers 592016, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Department of Economics and Social Sciences, Institute for Sustainable Economic Development.
- Gomez-Limon, Jose Antonio & Riesgo, Laura & Arriaza Balmón, Manuel, 2002. "Agricultural Risk Aversion Revisited: A Multicriteria Decision-Making Approach," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24827, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gleason, W.J. & Zacharias, T.P. & Lange, M.D. & Traylor, H.D., 1986. "A Production Cross-Hedge for Long and Medium Grain Rough Rice Using Soft Red Winter Wheat Futures," 1986 Annual Meeting, July 27-30, Reno, Nevada 278404, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- repec:zbw:inwedp:592016 is not listed on IDEAS
- McCarl, Bruce A., 1984.
"Model Validation: An Overview with some Emphasis on Risk Models,"
Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(03), pages 1-21, December.
- McCarl, Bruce A. & Nelson, A. Gene, 1983. "Model Validation: An Overview With Some Emphasis On Risk Models," 1983: S-180 Annual Meeting, March 28-30, 1983, San Antonio, Texas 271712, Regional Research Projects > S-180: Risk Management Strategies for Agricultural Production Firms: Perspectives and Research Issues.
- Hillburn, Chris Lynn, 1993. "A theoretical and financial analysis of pork production contracts," ISU General Staff Papers 1993010108000011445, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mintewab Bezabih & Mare Sarr, 2012.
"Risk Preferences and Environmental Uncertainty: Implications for Crop Diversification Decisions in Ethiopia,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 53(4), pages 483-505, December.
- Mare Sarr and Mintewab Bezabih, 2013. "Risk Preferences and Environmental Uncertainty: Implications for Crop Diversification Decisions in Ethiopia," Working Papers 322, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Antti Saastamoinen, 2015. "Heteroscedasticity Or Production Risk? A Synthetic View," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 459-478, July.
- Jayanti Mala Nayak & A V Manjunatha, 2019. "Risk sources and management strategies of farmers: Evidence from mahanadi river basin of Odisha in India," Working Papers 436, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Torkamani, Javad & Hardaker, J. Brian, 1996. "A study of economic efficiency of Iranian farmers in Ramjerd district: an application of stochastic programming," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 73-83, July.
- Barham, Bradford L. & Chavas, Jean-Paul & Fitz, Dylan & Salas, Vanessa Ríos & Schechter, Laura, 2014. "The roles of risk and ambiguity in technology adoption," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 204-218.
- Just, Richard E., 2003. "Risk research in agricultural economics: opportunities and challenges for the next twenty-five years," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 75(2-3), pages 123-159.
- Sulewski, Piotr & Kłoczko-Gajewska, Anna, 2014. "Farmers’ risk perception, risk aversion and strategies to cope with production risk: an empirical study from Poland," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, vol. 116(3), pages 1-8, December.
- Kenneth F. Harling & Phoebe Quail, 1990. "Exploring a general management approach to farm management," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(5), pages 425-441.
- Thi Tam Duong & Tom Brewer & Jo Luck & Kerstin Zander, 2019. "A Global Review of Farmers’ Perceptions of Agricultural Risks and Risk Management Strategies," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Schoney, R. A., 1990. "An Analysis of Wheat Supply Response Under Risk and Uncertainty," Working Papers 244030, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
- Trung X. Hoang & Nga V. T. Le, 2021. "Natural disasters and risk aversion: Evidence from Vietnam," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(3), pages 211-229, August.
More about this item
KeywordsFarm Management; Labor and Human Capital; Risk and Uncertainty;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aae08p:19581. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.