Understanding the Effect of Land Fragmentation on Farm Level Efficiency: An Application of Quantile Regression-Based Thick Frontier Approach to Maize Production in Kenya
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chunping Liu & Audrey Laporte & Brian S. Ferguson, 2008.
"The quantile regression approach to efficiency measurement: insights from Monte Carlo simulations,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(9), pages 1073-1087.
- ChunpingLiu & Audrey Laporte & Brian Ferguson, 2007. "The Quantile Regression Approach to Efficiency Measurement: Insights from Monte Carlo Simulations," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 07/14, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Blarel, Benoit, et al, 1992. "The Economics of Farm Fragmentation: Evidence from Ghana and Rwanda," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 233-254, May.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1991.
"The dominance of inefficiencies over scale and product mix economies in banking,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 117-148, August.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1990. "The dominance of inefficiencies over scale and product mix economies in banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 107, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Philip J. Dawson & John Lingard & Christopher H. Woodford, 1991. "A Generalized Measure of Farm-Specific Technical Efficiency," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(4), pages 1098-1104.
- Popp, J. & Lakner, Z. & Harangi-Rákos, M. & Fári, M., 2014. "The effect of bioenergy expansion: Food, energy, and environment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 559-578.
- Jeffrey D. Michler & Gerald E. Shively, 2015. "Land Tenure, Tenure Security and Farm Efficiency: Panel Evidence from the Philippines," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(1), pages 155-169, February.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Wang,Hung-Jen & Horncastle,Alan P., 2015.
"A Practitioner's Guide to Stochastic Frontier Analysis Using Stata,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9781107609464, December.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Wang,Hung-Jen & Horncastle,Alan P., 2015. "A Practitioner's Guide to Stochastic Frontier Analysis Using Stata," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107029514.
More about this item
KeywordsCrop Production/Industries; Land Economics/Use;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaae16:249280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaaeaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.