Excise and Import Taxes on Wine vs Beer and Spirits: An International Comparison
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Nicholas & Anderson, Kym, 1999. "Consumer And Import Taxes In The World Wine Market: Australia In International Perspective," 1999 Conference (43th), January 20-22, 1999, Christchurch, New Zealand 123770, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Kym Anderson & Ernesto Valenzuela & Glyn Wittwer, 2009.
"Wine export demand shocks and wine tax reform in Australia: Regional consequences using an economy-wide approach,"
Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers
2009-02, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Kym Anderson & Ernesto Valenzuela, 2010. "Wine export demand shocks and wine tax reform in Australia: Regional consequences using an economy-wide approach," Wine Economics Research Centre Working Papers 2010-02, University of Adelaide, Wine Economics Research Centre.
- Christopher Carpenter & Carlos Dobkin, 2010. "Alcohol Regulation and Crime," NBER Chapters,in: Controlling Crime: Strategies and Tradeoffs, pages 291-329 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pogue, Thomas F & Sgontz, Larry G, 1989. "Taxing to Control Social Costs: The Case of Alcohol," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 235-243, March.
- Preety Srivastava & Xueyan Zhao, 2010.
"What Do the Bingers Drink? Micro-Unit Evidence on Negative Externalities and Drinker Characteristics of Alcohol Consumption by Beverage Types,"
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 29(2), pages 229-250, June.
- Xueyan Zhao, 2010. "What Do the Bingers Drink? Micro-unit Evidence on Negative Externalities and Drinker Characteristics of Alcohol Consumption by Beverage Types," Wine Economics Research Centre Working Papers 2010-07, University of Adelaide, Wine Economics Research Centre.
- Sijbren Cnossen, 2007. "Alcohol taxation and regulation in the European Union," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 14(6), pages 699-732, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:cup:jwecon:v:12:y:2017:i:02:p:117-148_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Holmes, Alexander J. & Anderson, Kym, 2017.
"Convergence in National Alcohol Consumption Patterns: New Global Indicators,"
Journal of Wine Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(02), pages 117-148, May.
- Anderson, Kym & Holmes, Alexander, 2017. "Convergence in National Alcohol Consumption Patterns: New Global Indicators," CEPR Discussion Papers 12110, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anderson, Kym & Wittwer, Glyn, 2015.
"Asia's evolving role in global wine markets,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 1-14.
- Kym Anderson & Glyn Wittwer, 2015. "Asia’s Evolving Role in Global Wine Markets," Departmental Working Papers 2015-07, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Anderson, Kym & Wittwer, Glyn, 2015. "Asia’s Evolving Role in Global Wine Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 10552, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anderson, Kym, 2014. "Excise Taxes on Wines, Beers and Spirits: An Updated International Comparison," Working Papers 190732, American Association of Wine Economists.
- repec:fan:ecaqec:v:html10.3280/ecag2017-001004 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kym Anderson, 2010. "Excise and Import Taxes on Wine Versus Beer and Spirits: An International Comparison," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 29(2), pages 215-228, June.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer wine taxation; Excise taxes; Wine import tariffs; Consumer tax equivalent;
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:adl:winewp:2010-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kym Anderson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decadau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.