Strategic Disclosure of Demand Information by Duopolists: Theory and Experiment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Uri Gneezy, 2005. "Deception: The Role of Consequences," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(1), pages 384-394, March.
- P. Milgrom., 2009.
"What the Seller Won’t Tell You: Persuasion and Disclosure in Markets,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 3.
- Paul Milgrom, 2008. "What the Seller Won't Tell You: Persuasion and Disclosure in Markets," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 115-131, Spring.
- Paul Milgrom, 2007. "What the Seller Won’t Tell You: Persuasion and Disclosure in Markets," Levine's Bibliography 843644000000000045, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Ackert, Lucy F. & Church, Bryan K. & Sankar, Mandira Roy, 2000.
"Voluntary disclosure under imperfect competition: experimental evidence,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 81-105, January.
- Lucy F. Ackert & Bryan K. Church & Mandira Roy Sankar, 1998. "Voluntary disclosure under imperfect competition: Experimental evidence," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 98-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Hwang, Hae-shin, 1994. "Heterogeneity and the Incentive to Share Information in Cournot Oligopoly Market," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(2), pages 329-345, May.
- Paul Milgrom & John Roberts, 1986. "Relying on the Information of Interested Parties," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 18-32, Spring.
- Jos Jansen, 2008. "Information Acquisition and Strategic Disclosure in Oligopoly," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 113-148, March.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
More about this item
Keywordsduopoly; Cournot competition; Bertrand competition; information disclosure; incomplete information; common value; product differentiation; asymmetry; skewed distribution; laboratory experiment;
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- M4 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-10-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2014-10-03 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2014-10-03 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2014-10-03 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-CTA-2014-10-03 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-EXP-2014-10-03 (Experimental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aah:aarhec:2014-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.au.dk/afn/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.