Local Empirical Spectral Measure of Multivariate Processes with Long Range Dependence
We derive a functional central limit theorem for the empirical spectral measure or discretely averaged (integrated) periodogram of a multivariate long range dependent stochastic process in a degenerating neighborhood of the origin. We show that, under certain restrictions on the memory parameters, this local empirical spectral measure converges weakly to a Gaussian process with independent increments. Applications to narrow-band frequency domain estimation in time series regression with long range dependence, and to local (to the origin) goodness-of-fit testing are offered.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tom Engsted & Niels Haldrup & Boriss Siliverstovs, 2004.
"Long-run forecasting in multicointegrated systems,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(5), pages 315-335.
- Boris Siliverstovs & Tom Engsted & Niels Haldrup, "undated". "Long-run forecasting in multicointegrated systems," Economics Working Papers 2002-15, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Boriss Siliverstovs & Tom Engsted & Niels Haldrup, 2003. "Long-Run Forecasting in Multicointegrated Systems," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 381, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Siliverstovs, Boriss & Engsted, Tom & Haldrup, Niels, 2002. "Long-Run Forecasting in Multicointegrated Systems," Finance Working Papers 02-14, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Lobato, I. & Robinson, P. M., 1996. "Averaged periodogram estimation of long memory," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 303-324, July.
- Kokoszka, P. & Mikosch, T., 1997. "The integrated periodogram for long-memory processes with finite or infinite variance," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 55-78, February.
- Lobato, Ignacio N., 1999. "A semiparametric two-step estimator in a multivariate long memory model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 129-153, May.
- Morten Orregaard Nielsen, 2005. "Semiparametric Estimation in Time-Series Regression with Long-Range Dependence," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 279-304, 03.
- Nielsen, Morten Oe., "undated". "Semiparametric Estimation in Time Series Regression with Long Range Dependence," Economics Working Papers 2002-17, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Anna Christina D'Addio & Michael Rosholm, "undated". "Labour Market Transitions of French Youth," Economics Working Papers 2002-14, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- D Marinucci & Peter M. Robinson, 1998. "Semiparametric frequency domain analysis of fractional cointegration," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2258, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)