Regime Change and Corruption. A History of Public Utility Regulation
In: Corruption and Reform: Lessons from America's Economic History
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Blackford, Mansel Griffiths, 1970. "Businessmen and the Regulation of Railroads and Public Utilities in California During the Progressive Era," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(03), pages 307-319, September.
- Winston, Clifford, 1993. "Economic Deregulation: Days of Reckoning for Microeconomists," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1263-1289, September.
- Meyer, Robert A & Leland, Hayne E, 1980. "The Effectiveness of Price Regulation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(4), pages 555-566, November.
- Macey, Jonathan R, 1992. "Organizational Design and Political Control of Administrative Agencies," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 93-110, March.
- Paul L. Joskow, 1997. "Restructuring, Competition and Regulatory Reform in the U.S. Electricity Sector," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 119-138, Summer.
- Sebastian Galiani & Paul Gertler & Ernesto Schargrodsky, 2005.
"Water for Life: The Impact of the Privatization of Water Services on Child Mortality,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(1), pages 83-120, February.
- Sebastian Galiani & Paul Gertler & Ernesto Schargrodsky, 2002. "Water for Life: The Impact of the Privatization of Water Services on Child Mortality," Working Papers 54, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Sep 2005.
- McCubbins, Mathew D & Noll, Roger G & Weingast, Barry R, 1987. "Administrative Procedures as Instruments of Political Control," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 243-277, Fall.
- John E. Kwoka, Jr., 2002. "Governance Alternatives and Pricing in the U.S. Electric Power Industry," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 278-294, April.
- Jarrell, Gregg A., 1979. "Pro-producer regulation and accounting for assets : The case of electric utilities," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 93-116, August.
- Pashigian, B Peter, 1976. "Consequences and Causes of Public Ownership of Urban Transit Facilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1239-1259, December.
- Victor P. Goldberg, 1976. "Regulation and Administered Contracts," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(2), pages 426-448, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kitchens, Carl T. & Jaworski, Taylor, 2017.
"Ownership and the price of residential electricity: Evidence from the United States, 1935–1940,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 53-61.
- Carl T. Kitchens & Taylor Jaworski, 2016. "Ownership and the Price of Residential Electricity: Evidence from the United States, 1935-1940," NBER Working Papers 22254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Lyon & Nathan Wilson, 2012. "Capture or contract? The early years of electric utility regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 225-241, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:9986. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .