Ownership Form and Trapped Capital in the Hospital Industry
In: The Governance of Not-for-Profit Organizations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel P. Kessler & Mark B. McClellan, 2000. "Is Hospital Competition Socially Wasteful?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 577-615.
- Mark G. Duggan, 2000. "Hospital Ownership and Public Medical Spending," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1343-1373.
- Tomas Philipson & Darius Lakdawalla, "undated". "Nonprofit Production," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 97-8, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1988. "Takeovers: Their Causes and Consequences," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, pages 21-48.
- Frank A. Sloan & Donald H. Taylor & Chris Conover, 2000. "Hospital Conversions Is the Purchase Price Too Low?," NBER Chapters,in: The Changing Hospital Industry: Comparing For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Institutions, pages 13-44 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tamm, Marcus, 2013.
"The Impact of a Large Parental Leave Benefit Reform on the Timing of Birth around the Day of Implementation,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 585-601.
- Augurzky, Boris & Engel, Dirk & Schmidt, Christoph M. & Schwierz, Christoph, 2009. "Ownership and Financial Performance in the German Hospital Sector," Ruhr Economic Papers 123, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Filistrucchi, L. & Prüfer, J., 2013.
"Faithful Strategies : How Religion Shapes Nonprofit Management,"
2013-052, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Lapo Filistrucchi & Jens Prufer, 2014. "Faithful Strategies: How Religion Shapes Nonprofit Management," Working Papers - Economics wp2014_01.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0123 is not listed on IDEAS
- Orsini, Chiara, 2016. "Ownership and exit behavior: evidence from the home health care market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65292, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Christoph Schwierz, 2011.
"Expansion in markets with decreasing demand‐for‐profits in the German hospital industry,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(6), pages 675-687, June.
- Schwierz, Christoph, 2009. "Expansion in Markets with Decreasing Demand – For-Profits in the German Hospital Industry," Ruhr Economic Papers 106, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Barro, Jason R. & Huckman, Robert S. & Kessler, Daniel P., 2006.
"The effects of cardiac specialty hospitals on the cost and quality of medical care,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 702-721, July.
- Jason R. Barro & Robert S. Huckman & Daniel P. Kessler, 2005. "The Effects of Cardiac Specialty Hospitals on the Cost and Quality of Medical Care," NBER Working Papers 11707, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Horwitz, Jill R. & Nichols, Austin, 2009. "Hospital ownership and medical services: Market mix, spillover effects, and nonprofit objectives," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 924-937, September.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Becker, David & Kessler, Daniel & McClellan, Mark, 2005. "Detecting Medicare abuse," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 189-210, January.
- Christoph Schwierz, 2009. "Expansion in Markets with Decreasing Demand – For-Profits in the German Hospital Industry," Ruhr Economic Papers 0106, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Jill R. Horwitz & Austin Nichols, 2007. "What Do Nonprofits Maximize? Nonprofit Hospital Service Provision and Market Ownership Mix," NBER Working Papers 13246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guy David, 2009. "The convergence between for-profit and nonprofit hospitals in the United States," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, pages 403-428.
- Boris Augurzky & Dirk Engel & Christoph M. Schmidt & Christoph Schwierz, 2009. "Ownership and Financial Performance in the German Hospital Sector," Ruhr Economic Papers 0123, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:9965. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.