Ownership Form and Trapped Capital in the Hospital Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Darius Lakdawalla & Tomas Philipson, 1998. "Nonprofit Production and Competition," NBER Working Papers 6377, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Henry Hansmann, 1996. "The Changing Roles of Public, Private, and Nonprofit Enterprise in Education, Health Care, and Other Human Services," NBER Chapters,in: Individual and Social Responsibility: Child Care, Education, Medical Care, and Long-Term Care in America, pages 245-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel P. Kessler & Mark B. McClellan, 2000. "Is Hospital Competition Socially Wasteful?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 577-615.
- Mark G. Duggan, 2000. "Hospital Ownership and Public Medical Spending," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1343-1373.
- Pauly, Mark V & Redisch, Michael, 1973. "The Not-For-Profit Hospital as a Physicians' Cooperative," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(1), pages 87-99, March.
- Daniel P. Kessler & Mark B. McClellan, 2002. "The Effects of Hospital Ownership on Medical Productivity," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(3), pages 488-506, Autumn.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1988. "Takeovers: Their Causes and Consequences," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 21-48, Winter.
- Frank A. Sloan & Donald H. Taylor & Chris Conover, 2000. "Hospital Conversions Is the Purchase Price Too Low?," NBER Chapters,in: The Changing Hospital Industry: Comparing For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Institutions, pages 13-44 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sujoy Chakravarty & Martin Gaynor & Steven Klepper & William B. Vogt, 2006.
"Does the profit motive make Jack nimble? Ownership form and the evolution of the US hospital industry,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 345-361.
- Sujoy Chakravarty & Martin Gaynor & Steven Klepper & William B. Vogt, 2005. "Does the Profit Motive Make Jack Nimble? Ownership Form and the Evolution of the U.S. Hospital Industry," GSIA Working Papers 2005-E55, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Sujoy Chakravarty & Martin Gaynor & Steven Klepper & William B. Vogt, 2005. "Does the Profit Motive Make Jack Nimble? Ownership Form and the Evolution of the U.S. Hospital Industry," NBER Working Papers 11705, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- JoÃ«lle Noailly & Sabine Visser & Paul Grout, 2007. "The impact of market forces on the provision of childcare: Insights from the 2005 Childcare Act in the Netherlands," CPB Memorandum 176, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Henry Ergas, 2009. "Providing Aged Care: The Case for Reform," Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, vol. 16(2), pages 21-44.
- Tokunaga, Mutsumi & Hashimoto, Hideki, 2013. "Factors affecting the entry of for-profit providers into a price regulated market for formal long-term care services: A case study from Japan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 143-149.
More about this item
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:8989. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .