The Construction of Basic Components of Cost-of-Living Indexes
In: The Economics of New Goods
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Samuelson, Paul A & Swamy, S, 1974. "Invariant Economic Index Numbers and Canonical Duality: Survey and Synthesis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 566-593, September.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth,"
NBER Chapters, in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 17-45,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zvi Griliches, 1979. "Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 92-116, Spring.
- Manuel Trajtenberg, 1990. "Product Innovations, Price Indices and the (Mis)Measurement of Economic Performance," NBER Working Papers 3261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fiona Sigalla & Mark A. Wynne, 1994. "The consumer price index," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q II, pages 1-22.
- Pollak, Robert A., 1981. "The social cost of living index," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 311-336, June.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hyun H. Son & Nanak Kakwani, "undated". "Measuring the impact of prices on inequality: with applications to Thailand and Korea," Working Papers 11, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2007. "Index Numbers," Economics working papers diewert-07-01-03-08-17-23, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 31 Jan 2007.
- Claude Hillinger, 2002. "A General Theory of Price and Quantity Aggregation and Welfare Measurement," CESifo Working Paper Series 818, CESifo.
- M. Fleurbaey., 2012.
"Beyond GDP: The Quest for a Measure of Social Welfare,"
VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 2.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2009. "Beyond GDP: The Quest for a Measure of Social Welfare," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1029-1075, December.
- M. Fleurbaey., 2012. "Beyond GDP: The Quest for a Measure of Social Welfare," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 3.
- Hillinger, Claude, 2008. "Measuring Real Value and Inflation," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 2, pages 1-26.
- Blow, Laura & Crawford, Ian, 2002. "A nonparametric method for valuing new goods," Working Paper Series 143, European Central Bank.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Kevin J. Fox, 2017. "Decomposing Value Added Growth into Explanatory Factors," Discussion Papers 2017-02, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2009. "Cost of Living Indexes and Exact Index Numbers," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2009-6, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 13 Feb 2009.
- Kakwani, Nanak & Hill, Robert J., 2002. "Economic theory of spatial cost of living indices with application to Thailand," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 71-97, October.
- Abe, Naohito & Inoue, Toshikatsu & Sato, Hideyasu, 2020. "Price Index Numbers Under Large-Scale Demand Shocks: The Japanese Experience of the COVID-19 Pandemic," RCESR Discussion Paper Series DP20-2, Research Center for Economic and Social Risks, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Hillinger Claude, 2003. "The Money Metric, Price and Quantity Aggregation and Welfare Measurement," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-36, July.
- DECANCQ, Koen & FLEURBAEY, Marc & SCHOKKAERT, Erik, 2014. "Inequality, income, and well-being," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2014018, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Charles Steindel, 1997. "Are there good alternatives to the CPI?," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 3(Apr).
- Jan Hanousek & Randall K. Filer, 2003. "Substitution Biases in Price Indexes during Transition," Development and Comp Systems 0306002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barnett, William A. & Choi, Ki-Hong, 2008.
"Operational identification of the complete class of superlative index numbers: An application of Galois theory,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 603-612, July.
- William Barnett & Ki-Hong Choi, 2006. "Operational identification of the complete class of superlative index numbers: an application of Galois theory," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200604, University of Kansas, Department of Economics.
- Barnett, William A. & Choi, Ki-Hong, 2006. "Operational identification of the complete class of superlative index numbers: an application of Galois theory," MPRA Paper 416, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2012.
"How To Measure Living Standards And Productivity,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 58(3), pages 424-456, September.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2009. "How to Measure Living Standards and Productivity," CEP Discussion Papers dp0949, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2009. "How to measure living standards and productivity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28678, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Marshall Reinsdorf & Jack E. Triplett, 2009. "A Review of Reviews: Ninety Years of Professional Thinking About the Consumer Price Index," NBER Chapters, in: Price Index Concepts and Measurement, pages 17-83, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William A Barnett & Unja Chae & John W Keating, 2012.
"Forecast Design In Monetary Capital Stock Measurement,"
Global Journal of Economics (GJE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(01), pages 1-53.
- William Barnett & Unja Chae & John Keating, 2005. "Forecast Design in Monetary Capital Stock Measurement," Macroeconomics 0508022, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Barnett & Unja Chae & John Keating, 2005. "Forecast Design in Monetary Capital Stock Measurement," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200516, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2005.
- Andrew Aitken & Martin Weale, 2020. "A Democratic Measure of Household Income Growth: Theory and Application to the United Kingdom," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 87(347), pages 589-610, July.
- Lajos Baráth & Imre Fertő & Štefan Bojnec, 2020. "The Effect of Investment, LFA and Agri‐environmental Subsidies on the Components of Total Factor Productivity: The Case of Slovenian Farms," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(3), pages 853-876, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:6073. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.