The Concept of Job Vacancies in a Dynamic Theory of the Labor Market
In: The Measurement and Interpretation of Job Vacancies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stigler, George J., 2011. "Economics of Information," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 5, pages 35-49.
- Otto Eckstein & Thomas A. Wilson, 1962. "The Determination of Money Wages in American Industry," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 76(3), pages 379-414.
- George J. Stigler, 1962. "Information in the Labor Market," NBER Chapters, in: Investment in Human Beings, pages 94-105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Albert Rees, 1951. "Wage Determination and Involuntary Unemployment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59, pages 143-143.
- Daniel B. Suits & Susumu Koizumi, 1956. "The Dynamics of the Onion Market," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 38(2), pages 475-484.
- Clarence D. Long, 1958. "The Labor Force under Changing Income and Employment," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number long58-1.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abraham, Katharine G & Katz, Lawrence F, 1986.
"Cyclical Unemployment: Sectoral Shifts or Aggregate Disturbances?,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 507-522, June.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Lawrence F. Katz, 1984. "Cyclical Unemployment: Sectoral Shifts or Aggregate Disturbances?," NBER Working Papers 1410, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abraham, Katharine G. & Katz, Lawrence F., 1986. "Cyclical Unemployment: Sectoral Shifts or Aggregate Disturbances?," Scholarly Articles 3442781, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Fabo, B., 2017. "Towards an understanding of job matching using web data," Other publications TiSEM b8b877f2-ae6a-495f-b6cc-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Russo, Giovanni & Gorter, Cees & Schettkat, Ronald, 2001. "Searching, hiring and labour market conditions," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 553-571, December.
- Farm, Ante, 2003. "Defining and Measuring Unmet Labour Demand," Working Paper Series 1/2003, Stockholm University, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Farm, Ante, 2003. "Vacancies, Hirings, and the Duration Function," Working Paper Series 2/2003, Stockholm University, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Ricardo A. Lagos, "undated".
"An Alternative Approach to Market Frictions: An Application to the Market for Taxicab Rides,"
Penn CARESS Working Papers
058589d20e3fbe4e559adb44b, Penn Economics Department.
- Ricardo A. Lagos, "undated". ""An Alternative Approach to Market Frictions: An Application to the Market for Taxicab Rides''," CARESS Working Papres 96-09, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- Mangan, John & Trendle, Bernard, 2017. "Hard-to-fill vacancies: An analysis of demand side responses in the Australian state of Queensland," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 49-56.
- Felsenstein, Daniel & Persky, Joseph & Carlson, Virginia, 2002. "Job vacancy chains in metropolitan labor markets," ERSA conference papers ersa02p088, European Regional Science Association.
- Farm, Ante, 2004. "A Theory of Vacancies," Working Paper Series 1/2005, Stockholm University, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Farm, Ante, 2000. "Job Openings, Hirings, and Unmet Demand: A New Approach to the Matching Function and the Beveridge Curve," Working Paper Series 8/2000, Stockholm University, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Manning, Alan, 2011.
"Imperfect Competition in the Labor Market,"
Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 11, pages 973-1041,
- Manning, Alan, 2010. "Imperfect competition in the labour market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28729, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Alan Manning, 2010. "Imperfect Competition in the Labour Market," CEP Discussion Papers dp0981, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Păcurariu Gabriela, 2019. "The Integration of Higher Education Graduates on the Labor Market," European Review of Applied Sociology, Sciendo, vol. 12(19), pages 23-32, December.
- Wu Joseph S. K. & Ho Chi Pui, 2017. "The Shapiro-Stiglitz Model with Non-constant Marginal Utility," Open Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 36-48, August.
- Ana Dammert & Jose Galdo & Virgilio Galdo, 2015.
"Integrating mobile phone technologies into labor-market intermediation: a multi-treatment experimental design,"
IZA Journal of Labor & Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-27, December.
- Dammert, Ana C. & Galdo, Jose C. & Galdo, Virgilio, 2015. "Integrating Mobile Phone Technologies into Labor-Market Intermediation: A Multi-Treatment Experimental Design," IZA Discussion Papers 9012, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Rebecca Dizon-Ross & Sheldon M. Ross, 2020. "Dynamic search models with multiple items," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 288(1), pages 223-245, May.
- Yannis M. Ioannides & Linda Datcher Loury, 2004.
"Job Information Networks, Neighborhood Effects, and Inequality,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(4), pages 1056-1093, December.
- Yannis M. Ioannides & Linda Datcher Loury, 2002. "Job Information Networks, Neighborhood Effects and Inequality," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0217, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Anastasios Papathanasis & Chrisiopher Vasiliopuios, 1991. "Task and Job: The Promise of Transactional Analysis," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 169-182, April.
- Andriy Zapechelnyuk & Ro'i Zultan, 2008. "Job Market Signaling and Job Search," Discussion Paper Series dp488, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Alessandro Acquisti & Curtis Taylor & Liad Wagman, 2016. "The Economics of Privacy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 54(2), pages 442-492, June.
- Wen Wang & Peter G. Moffatt, 2008. "Hukou and Graduates’ Job Search in China," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Alberto Chong & Virgilio Galdo & Máximo Torero, 2005.
"Does Privatization Deliver? Access to Telephone Services and Household Income in Poor Rural Areas Using a Quasi-Natural Experiment in Peru,"
Research Department Publications
4417, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Galdo, Virgilio & Torero, Máximo & Chong, Alberto E., 2011. "Does Privatization Deliver?: Access to Telephone Services and Household Income in Poor Rural Areas Using a Quasi-Natural Experiment in Peru," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1935, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Steinmetz, Alexander, 2010. "Price and inventory dynamics in an oligopoly industry: A framework for commodity markets," W.E.P. - Würzburg Economic Papers 82, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Feser, Daniel & Runst, Petrik, 2015. "Energy efficiency consultants as change agents? Examining the reasons for EECs’ limited success," ifh Working Papers 1 (2015), Volkswirtschaftliches Institut für Mittelstand und Handwerk an der Universität Göttingen (ifh).
- Oliver Hinz & Jochen Eckert, 2010. "The Impact of Search and Recommendation Systems on Sales in Electronic Commerce," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 2(2), pages 67-77, April.
- Nakabayashi, Masaki, 2011.
"Schooling, employer learning, and internal labor market effect: Wage dynamics and human capital investment in the Japanese steel industry, 1930-1960s,"
30597, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nakabayashi, Masaki, 2011. "Schooling, employer learning, and internal labor market effect: Wage dynamics and human capital investment in the Japanese steel industry, 1930-1960s," MPRA Paper 30749, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 May 2011.
- Alexander W. Salter & William J. Luther, 2016. "The Optimal Austrian Business Cycle Theory," Advances in Austrian Economics, in: Steven Horwitz (ed.), Studies in Austrian Macroeconomics, volume 20, pages 45-60, Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Nagler Matthew G., 2007.
"Understanding the Internet's Relevance to Media Ownership Policy: A Model of Too Many Choices,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-28, June.
- Nagler, Matthew, 2006. "Understanding the Internet's relevance to media ownership policy: a model of too many choices," MPRA Paper 2180, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Laband, David N. & Hussain, Anwar & González-Cabán, Armando, 2008. "The impact of forest service litigation success on administrative appeals of proposed fuels reduction actions," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(7-8), pages 444-449, October.
- Bellini, Silvia & Cardinali, Maria Grazia & Grandi, Benedetta, 2017. "A structural equation model of impulse buying behaviour in grocery retailing," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 164-171.
- Dhaval M. Dave, 2013. "Effects of Pharmaceutical Promotion: A Review and Assessment," NBER Working Papers 18830, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:1599. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.