Organizational Poisedness and the Transformation of Civic Order in Nineteenth-Century New York City
In: Organizations, Civil Society, and the Roots of Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ganz, Marshall Louis, 2000. "Resources and Resourcefulness: Strategic Capacity in the Unionization of California Agriculture, 1959-1966," Scholarly Articles 12641805, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Fligstein, Neil, 2001. "Social Skill and the Theory of Fields," Center for Culture, Organizations and Politics, Working Paper Series qt26m187b1, Center for Culture, Organizations and Politics of theInstitute for Research on Labor and Employment, UC Berkeley.
- Rodolphe Durand & Hayagreeva Rao & Philippe Monin, 2003. "Institutional Change in Toque Ville: Nouvelle Cuisine as an Identity Movement in French Gastronomy," Post-Print hal-00480858, HAL.
- Michael T. Hannan, 2005. "Ecologies of Organizations: Diversity and Identity," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 51-70, Winter.
- Hayagreeva Rao & Philippe Monin & Rodolphe Durand, 2003. "Institutional change in toque ville : Nouvelle cuisine as an identity movement in French gastronomy," Post-Print hal-02311672, HAL.
- Wanda J. Orlikowski, 2010. "The sociomateriality of organisational life: considering technology in management research," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(1), pages 125-141, January.
- Julie Battilana & Bernard Leca & Eva Boxenbaum, 2009. "How actors change institutions : Towards a theory of institutional entrepreneurship," Post-Print hal-00576509, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ferriani, Simone & Lazerson, Mark H. & Lorenzoni, Gianni, 2020. "Anchor entrepreneurship and industry catalysis: The rise of the Italian Biomedical Valley," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(8).
- Koskela-Huotari, Kaisa & Edvardsson, Bo & Jonas, Julia M. & Sörhammar, David & Witell, Lars, 2016. "Innovation in service ecosystems—Breaking, making, and maintaining institutionalized rules of resource integration," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 2964-2971.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Victoria Johnson & Walter W. Powell, 2015. "Poisedness and Propagation: Organizational Emergence and the Transformation of Civic Order in 19th-Century New York City," NBER Working Papers 21011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jain, Sanjay, 2020. "Fumbling to the future? Socio-technical regime change in the recorded music industry," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 158(C).
- Mollona, Edoardo & Pareschi, Luca, 2020. "A gramscian perspective on field dynamics. The case of the privatization of Italian steel industry," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(4).
- Chatterjee, Ira & Cornelissen, Joep & Wincent, Joakim, 2021. "Social entrepreneurship and values work: The role of practices in shaping values and negotiating change," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 36(1).
- Jasper Hotho & Dana Minbaeva & Maral Muratbekova-Touron & Larissa Rabbiosi, 2020. "Coping with Favoritism in Recruitment and Selection: A Communal Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 165(4), pages 659-679, September.
- Greta Hsu & Özgecan Koçak & Balázs Kovács, 2018. "Co-Opt or Coexist? A Study of Medical Cannabis Dispensaries’ Identity-Based Responses to Recreational-Use Legalization in Colorado and Washington," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(1), pages 172-190, February.
- Ben Slimane, Karim & Chaney, Damien & Humphreys, Ashlee & Leca, Bernard, 2019. "Bringing institutional theory to marketing: Taking stock and future research directions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 389-394.
- Daniel Arenas & Marta Strumińska‐Kutra & Paolo Landoni, 2020. "Walking the tightrope and stirring things up: Exploring the institutional work of sustainable entrepreneurs," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(8), pages 3055-3071, December.
- Modell, Sven & Yang, ChunLei, 2018. "Financialisation as a strategic action field: An historically informed field study of governance reforms in Chinese state-owned enterprises," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 41-59.
- Jayanti, Rama K. & Raghunath, S., 2018. "Institutional entrepreneur strategies in emerging economies: Creating market exclusivity for the rising affluent," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 87-98.
- Y. Sekou Bermiss & Benjamin L. Hallen & Rory McDonald & Emily C. Pahnke, 2017. "Entrepreneurial beacons: The Yale endowment, run‐ups, and the growth of venture capital," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 545-565, March.
- Kevin Mellet & Thomas Beauvisage & Jean Samuel Beuscart & Marie Trespeuch, 2014.
"A ‘Democratization’ of Markets? Online Consumer Reviews in the Restaurant Industry,"
- Kevin Mellet & Thomas Beauvisage & Jean Samuel Beuscart & Marie Trespeuch, 2014. "A ‘Democratization’ of Markets?: Online Consumer Reviews in the Restaurant Industry," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/1q24hpq2919, Sciences Po.
- Hayagreeva Rao & Sunasir Dutta, 2018.
"Why Great Strategies Spring from Identity Movements,"
Strategy Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(1), pages 313-322, March.
- Rao, Hayagreeva & Dutta, Sunasir, 2017. "Why Great Strategies Spring from Identity Movements," Research Papers repec:ecl:stabus:3619, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Violina P. Rindova & Luis L. Martins, 2018. "From Values to Value: Value Rationality and the Creation of Great Strategies," Strategy Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(1), pages 323-334, March.
- Antoaneta P Petkova, 2016. "Standing Out or Blending In? The Formation of New Firms’ Legitimacy and Reputation under Different Levels of Market Uncertainty," Corporate Reputation Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(1), pages 22-34, February.
- Bai, Xiaoou & Tsang, Eric W.K. & Xia, Wei, 2020. "Domestic versus foreign listing: Does a CEO's educational experience matter?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 35(1).
- Udo Staber, 2008. "Network Evolution in Cultural Industries," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 569-578.
- Christoph Beat Stamm, 2019. "Institutional Work and Legitimation in the Construction of CSR Standards. The Case of ISO 26000," Working Papers hal-01972270, HAL.
- Brayden G. King & Teppo Felin & David A. Whetten, 2010. "Perspective---Finding the Organization in Organizational Theory: A Meta-Theory of the Organization as a Social Actor," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(1), pages 290-305, February.
- Albin Skog & Örjan Sölvell, 2020. "The dark side of agglomeration, sustained wealth and transposition of trading institutions—the case of Bordeaux in the 18th and 19th centuries," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 67-91.
More about this item
- N11 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
- N5 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:13505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.