Human Capital Accounting in the United States: Context, Measurement, and Application
In: Measuring Economic Sustainability and Progress
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mary O’Mahony & Philip Stevens, 2009. "Output and productivity growth in the education sector: comparisons for the US and UK," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 177-194, June.
- Statistics Canada, 2010. "Estimates of Human Capital in Canada: The Lifetime Income Approach," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2010062e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Richard Jones & Blessing Chiripanhura, 2010. "Measuring the UK's human capital stock," Economic & Labour Market Review, Palgrave Macmillan;Office for National Statistics, vol. 4(11), pages 36-63, November.
- Trinh Le & John Gibson & Les Oxley, 2003. "Cost- and Income-based Measures of Human Capital," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 271-307, July.
- Astrid Oline Ervik & Erling Holmøy & Torbjørn Hægeland, 2003. "A Theory-Based Measure of the Output of the Education Sector," Discussion Papers 353, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Robert H. Haveman & Andrew Bershadker & Jonathan A. Schwabish, 2003. "Human Capital in the United States from 1975 to 2000: Patterns of Growth and Utilization," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number hcus, November.
- Jaeger, David A, 1997. "Reconciling the Old and New Census Bureau Education Questions: Recommendations for Researchers," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(3), pages 300-309, July.
- Trinh Le & John Gibson & Les Oxley, 2006. "A Forward-Looking Measure Of The Stock Of Human Capital In New Zealand," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 74(5), pages 593-609, September.
- Mark Aguiar & Erik Hurst, 2007.
"Measuring Trends in Leisure: The Allocation of Time Over Five Decades,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 122(3), pages 969-1006.
- Mark Aguiar & Erik Hurst, 2006. "Measuring Trends in Leisure: The Allocation of Time Over Five Decades," NBER Working Papers 12082, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Aguiar & Erik Hurst, 2006. "Measuring trends in leisure: the allocation of time over five decades," Working Papers 06-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Daniel Feenberg & Elisabeth Coutts, 1993. "An introduction to the TAXSIM model," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 189-194.
- Philip Oreopoulos & Kjell G. Salvanes, 2009. "How large are returns to schooling? Hint: Money isn't everything," NBER Working Papers 15339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ahlroth, Sofia & Bjorklund, Anders & Forslund, Anders, 1997. "The Output of the Swedish Education Sector," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 43(1), pages 89-104, March.
- Jaeger, David A., 2003.
"Estimating the returns to education using the newest current population survey education questions,"
Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 385-394, March.
- Jaeger, David A., 2002. "Estimating the Returns to Education Using the Newest Current Population Survey Education Questions," IZA Discussion Papers 500, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Haizheng Li & Barbara M. Fraumeni & Zhiqiang Liu & Xiaojun Wang, 2009. "Human Capital In China," NBER Working Papers 15500, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:12840. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .