Small Firms and Industrial Districts
In: Handbook on the Economics and Theory of the Firm
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Piero Tani, 2009. "Flow-fund Model, Decomposability of the Production Process and the Structure of an Industrial District," Chapters, in: Giacomo Becattini & Marco Bellandi & Lisa De Propis (ed.),A Handbook of Industrial Districts, chapter 13, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Giulio Cainelli, 2007. "Agglomeration, Technology and Business Groups," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3890, April.
- Paul L. Robertson & David Jacobson & Richard N. Langlois, 2009. "Innovation Processes and Industrial Districts," Chapters, in: Giacomo Becattini & Marco Bellandi & Lisa De Propis (ed.),A Handbook of Industrial Districts, chapter 21, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lisa De Propris & Nigel Driffield & Stefano Menghinello, 2005. "local industrial systems and the location of FDI in Italy," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 105-121.
- Lisa De Propris & Olivier Crevoisier, 2011. "From Regional Anchors to Anchoring," Chapters, in: Philip Cooke & Bjørn Asheim & Ron Boschma & Ron Martin & Dafna Schwartz & Franz Tödtling (ed.),Handbook of Regional Innovation and Growth, chapter 13, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Anne Caroline Posthuma, 2009. "The Industrial District Model: Relevance for Developing Countries in the Context of Globalisation," Chapters, in: Giacomo Becattini & Marco Bellandi & Lisa De Propis (ed.),A Handbook of Industrial Districts, chapter 41, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Marco Bellandi & Annalisa Caloffi, 2008. "District internationalisation and trans-local development," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(6), pages 517-532.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2007.
"The Entrepreneurial Theory of the Firm and the Theory of the Entrepreneurial Firm,"
Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(7), pages 1107-1124, November.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2005. "The Entrepreneurial Theory of the Firm and the Theory of the Entrepreneurial Firm," Working papers 2005-27, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2005.
- Marco Bellandi & María J. Ruiz‐Fuensanta, 2010. "An empirical analysis of district external economies based on a structure‐conduct‐performance framework," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(4), pages 801-818, November.
- Fabio Sforzi, 2009. "The Empirical Evidence of Industrial Districts in Italy," Chapters, in: Giacomo Becattini & Marco Bellandi & Lisa De Propis (ed.),A Handbook of Industrial Districts, chapter 25, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jackie Krafft, 2002. "Industrial dynamics," Post-Print hal-00212272, HAL.
- Giacomo Becattini & Marco Bellandi & Gabi Del Ottati & Fabio Sforzi, 2003. "From Industrial Districts to Local Development," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2884, April.
- Michael Porter & Christian Ketels, 2009. "Clusters and Industrial Districts: Common Roots, Different Perspectives," Chapters, in: Giacomo Becattini & Marco Bellandi & Lisa De Propis (ed.),A Handbook of Industrial Districts, chapter 14, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Michael H. Best, 2009. "Massachusetts High Tech: A ‘Manufactory of Species’," Chapters, in: Giacomo Becattini & Marco Bellandi & Lisa De Propis (ed.),A Handbook of Industrial Districts, chapter 46, Edward Elgar Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefano Denicolai & Antonella Zucchella & Gabriele Cioccarelli, 2010. "Reputation, Trust and Relational Centrality in Local Networks: An Evolutionary Geography Perspective," Chapters, in: Ron Boschma & Ron Martin (ed.),The Handbook of Evolutionary Economic Geography, chapter 13, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bjørn T. Asheim, 2007.
"Industrial Districts as ‘Learning Regions’: A Condition for Prosperity,"
Chapters, in: Roel Rutten & Frans Boekema (ed.),The Learning Region, chapter 4,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bjørn Asheim, "undated". "Industrial Districts as 'learning regions'. A condition for prosperity," STEP Report series 199503, The STEP Group, Studies in technology, innovation and economic policy.
- Basevi, Giorgio & Ottaviano, Gianmarco, 2001. "The District and the Global Economy: Exporting versus Foreign Location," CEPR Discussion Papers 2976, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gabi Dei Ottati, 2009. "Italian Industrial Districts and the Twofold Chinese Challenge," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 1, March.
- Edward Feser & Edward Bergman, 2000. "National Industry Cluster Templates: A Framework for Applied Regional Cluster Analysis," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 1-19.
- Andrea Morrison & Ron Boschma, 2019.
"The spatial evolution of the Italian motorcycle industry (1893–1993): Klepper’s heritage theory revisited,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(3), pages 613-634.
- Andrea Morrison & Ron Boschma, 2017. "The spatial evolution of the Italian motorcycle industry (1893-1993): KlepperÕs heritage theory revisited," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1707, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Mar 2017.
- Manuel Portugal Ferreira & Fernando Ribeiro Serra & Benny Kramer Costa & Emerson Maccari & Hergos Couto, 2013. "Impact of the types of clusters on the innovation output and the appropriation of rents from innovation," Working Papers 102, globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
- Hervas-Oliver,Jose-Luis & Sempere-Ripoll,Francisca, 2014. "Agglomerations and firm performance: how does it work, who benefits and how much?," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201411, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV), revised 01 Dec 2014.
- Philippe DULBECCO & Isabelle VAGNERON, 1998. "Competition, Co-operation and Subcontracting - Lessons from the Clothing Industry in Thailand," Working Papers 199827, CERDI.
- Richard Florida & Charlotta Mellander & Patrick Adler, 2011. "The Creative Class Paradigm," Chapters, in: David Emanuel Andersson & Åke E. Andersson & Charlotta Mellander (ed.),Handbook of Creative Cities, chapter 3, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Silvia Rita Sedita & Ivan De Noni & Roberta Apa & Luigi Orsi, 2016. "Measuring how the knowledge space shapes the technological progress of European regions," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1624, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Aug 2016.
- Copus Andrew & Dubois Alexandre & Hedström Moa, 2011. "Expanding horizons: local embeddedness and local engagement among small firms in the European countryside," European Countryside, Sciendo, vol. 3(3), pages 164-182, January.
- Planque, Bernard, 2002. "Reflections on innovation networks: contractual vs. "conventional" networks," ERSA conference papers ersa02p436, European Regional Science Association.
- Scheuplein Christoph, 2007. "Soziale Evolution und räumliche Wirtschaftsstruktur bei Herbert Spencer, William Hearn und Alfred Marshall," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsgeographie, De Gruyter, vol. 51(1), pages 1-13, October.
- Sabrina Di Addario & Eleonora Patacchini, 2005. "Wages and the City. The Italian case," Economics Series Working Papers 243, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Ayþe Elif Þengün, 2015. "Does Informal Knowledge Sharing Breed Innovation in Industrial Clusters?," Bogazici Journal, Review of Social, Economic and Administrative Studies, Bogazici University, Department of Economics, vol. 29(1), pages 53-79.
- José L. Hervas-Oliver & José Albors, 2011. "Resources and Innovation in Low-tech Industries: An Empirical Study of Clusters in Spain and Italy," Chapters, in: Paul L. Robertson & David Jacobson (ed.),Knowledge Transfer and Technology Diffusion, chapter 2, Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness and Management; Economics and Finance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:eechap:13623_27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darrel McCalla). General contact details of provider: http://www.e-elgar.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.