Improving the banking system: the Chilean experience
In: The banking system in emerging economies: how much progress has been made?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- José De Gregorio & Alejandro Jara & Cristina Betancour, 2006. "Improving the Banking System: The Chilean Experience," Economic Policy Papers Central Bank of Chile 16, Central Bank of Chile.
References listed on IDEAS
- Solange Berstein & J. Rodrigo Fuentes, 2004.
"Is There Lendign Rate Stickiness in the Chilean Banking Industry?,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Luis Antonio Ahumada & J. Rodrigo Fuentes & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Se (ed.), Banking Market Structure and Monetary Policy, edition 1, volume 7, chapter 6, pages 183-210
Central Bank of Chile.
- Solange Berstein & Rodrigo Fuentes, 2003. "Is There Lending Rate Stickiness in the Chilean Banking Industry?," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 218, Central Bank of Chile.
- Verónica Balzarotti & Christian Castro & Andrew Powell, 2004. "Reforming Capital Requirements in Emerging Countries: Calibrating Basel II using Historical Argentine Credit Bureau Data and CreditRisk+," Business School Working Papers capitalreqemerging, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Kevin Cowan & José De Gregorio, 2007.
"International Borrowing, Capital Controls, and the Exchange Rate: Lessons from Chile,"
NBER Chapters,in: Capital Controls and Capital Flows in Emerging Economies: Policies, Practices and Consequences, pages 241-296
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin Cowan & Jose De Gregorio, 2005. "International Borrowing, Capital Controls and the Exchange Rate: Lessons from Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 322, Central Bank of Chile.
- Kevin Cowan & Jose De Gregorio, 2005. "International Borrowing, Capital Controls and the Exchange Rate: Lessons from Chile," NBER Working Papers 11382, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- World Bank & International Finance Corporation, 2004. "Doing Business in 2005," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 23994, June.
- Rodrigo Cifuentes & Jorge Desormeaux & Claudio González, 2002. "Capital markets in Chile: from financial repression to financial deepening," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), The development of bond markets in emerging economies, volume 11, pages 86-102 Bank for International Settlements.
- Held, Günther & Jiménez, Luis Felipe, 1999. "Liberalización financiera, crisis y reforma del sistema bancario chileno: 1974-1999," Financiamiento para el Desarrollo 90, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Andrew Powell & Verónica Balzarotti & Christian Castro, 2002. "Reforming Capital Requirements in Emerging Countries," Business School Working Papers diecinueve, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cristina Betancour & José De Gregorio & Juan Pablo Medina, 2008.
"The "great moderation" and the monetary transmission mechanism in Chile,"
BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Transmission mechanisms for monetary policy in emerging market economies, volume 35, pages 159-178
Bank for International Settlements.
- Cristina Betancour & Jose De Gregorio & Juan Pablo Medina, 2006. "The “Great Moderation” and the Monetary Transmission Mechanism in Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 393, Central Bank of Chile.
- Bernardita Piedrabuena, 2013. "Competencia en el mercado bancario del crédito en Chile," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4630, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:bisbpc:28-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.