Famine in Africa: Causes, responses, and prevention
- von Braun, Joachim
- Teklu, Tesfaye
- Webb, Patrick
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zeller, Manfred & Schrieder, Gertrud & von Braun, Joachim & Heidhues, Franz, 1997. "Rural finance for food security for the poor," Food policy reviews 4, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liangzhi You & Michael Johnson, 2010.
"Exploring strategic priorities for regional agricultural R&D investments in East and Central Africa,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(2), pages 177-190, March.
- You, Liangzhi & Johnson, Michael, 2008. "Exploring strategic priorities for regional agricultural R&D investments in East and Central Africa:," IFPRI discussion papers 776, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2007. "Making Famine History," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(1), pages 5-38, March.
- Patrick Webb & Andrew Thorne-Lyman, 2005. "Micronutrients in Emergencies," Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition 32, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
- Webb, Patrick & Thorne-Lyman, Andrew, 2006. "Entitlement Failure from a Food Quality Perspective: The Life and Death Role of Vitamins and Minerals in Humanitarian Crises," WIDER Working Paper Series 140, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Abdulai, Awudu & Barrett, Christopher B. & Hoddinott, John, 2005. "Does food aid Really have disincentive effects? New evidence from sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1689-1704, October.
- Miss Fatima Khatun & Mohammed Ziaul Haider, 2016. "Impact of Technology Adoption on Agricultural Productivity," Journal of Agriculture and Crops, Academic Research Publishing Group, vol. 2(9), pages 87-93, 09-2016.
More about this item
KeywordsFood supply; Famine; Agricultural policies ; Africa;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprib:0801861217. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.