Regional tax effort in Spain
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Wu, De-Min, 1974.
"Alternative Tests of Independence between Stochastic Regressors and Disturbances: Finite Sample Results,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 529-546, May.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "REGWUTEST: RATS procedure to perform Wu (or Durbin-Wu-Hausman) specification test on regression," Statistical Software Components RTS00185, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Linda Andersson & Thomas Aronsson & Magnus Wikstr–m, 2004. "Testing for Vertical Fiscal Externalities," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 11(3), pages 243-263, May.
- Oleg Badunenko & Daniel J. Henderson & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2012.
"When, where and how to perform efficiency estimation,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 175(4), pages 863-892, October.
- Oleg Badunenko & Daniel J. Henderson & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2011. "When, where and how to perform efficiency estimation," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 02-06, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Badunenko, Oleg & Henderson, Daniel J. & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2011. "When, where and how to perform efficiency estimation," MPRA Paper 33467, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Badunenko, Oleg & Henderson, Daniel J. & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2011. "When, Where and How to Perform Efficiency Estimation," IZA Discussion Papers 5997, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Thandika Mkandawire, 2010. "On Tax Efforts and Colonial Heritage in Africa," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(10), pages 1647-1669.
- Federico Belotti & Silvio Daidone & Giuseppe Ilardi & Vincenzo Atella, 2013. "Stochastic frontier analysis using Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 13(4), pages 718-758, December.
- B. Dahlby & L. S. Wilson, 1994. "Fiscal Capacity, Tax Effort, and Optimal Equalization Grants," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 657-672, August.
- Sandhya Garg & Ashima Goyal & Rupayan Pal, 2017. "Why Tax Effort Falls Short of Tax Capacity in Indian States," Public Finance Review, , vol. 45(2), pages 232-259, March.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- John C. Driscoll & Aart C. Kraay, 1998. "Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation With Spatially Dependent Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 549-560, November.
- Carola Pessino & Ricardo Fenochietto, 2010. "Determining countries’ tax effort," Hacienda Pública Española / Review of Public Economics, IEF, vol. 195(4), pages 65-87, december.
- Colin Thirtle & Bhavani Shankar & Puneet Chitkara & Somnath Chatterjee & Madhu S. Mohanty, 2000. "Size Does Matter: Technical and Scale Efficiency in Indian State Tax Jurisdictions," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 340-352, October.
- John Mikesell, 0. "Changing State Fiscal Capacity and Tax Effort in an Era of Devolving Government, 1981-2003," Publius: The Journal of Federalism, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(4), pages 532-550.
- Bird, Richard M. & Martinez-Vazquez, Jorge & Torgler, Benno, 2008. "Tax Effort in Developing Countries and High Income Countries: The Impact of Corruption, Voice and Accountability," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 55-71, March.
- Daniel Hoechle, 2007. "Robust standard errors for panel regressions with cross-sectional dependence," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 7(3), pages 281-312, September.
- Mustafa Ugur Karakaplan, 2018. "XTSFKK: Stata module to estimate endogenous panel stochastic frontier models in the style of Karakaplan and Kutlu," Statistical Software Components S458445, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 07 May 2022.
- Aragon, Y. & Daouia, A. & Thomas-Agnan, C., 2005. "Nonparametric Frontier Estimation: A Conditional Quantile-Based Approach," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 358-389, April.
- Musharraf Rasool Cyan & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Violeta Vulovic, 2014. "New approaches to measuring tax effort," Chapters, in: Richard M. Bird & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez (ed.), Taxation and Development: The Weakest Link?, chapter 2, pages 27-68, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mustafa U. Karakaplan & Levent Kutlu, 2017. "Handling Endogeneity in Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 37(2), pages 889-901.
- Garg, Sandya & Ashima Goyal & Rupayan Pal, 2014. "Why tax effort falls short of capacity in Indian states: A Stochastic frontier approach," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2014-032, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Cazals, Catherine & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Simar, Leopold, 2002. "Nonparametric frontier estimation: a robust approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Greene, William, 2005. "Reconsidering heterogeneity in panel data estimators of the stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 269-303, June.
- Thirtle, Colin, et al, 2000. "Size Does Matter: Technical and Scale Efficiency in Indian State Tax Jurisdictions," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 340-352, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jaime Valles-Gimenez & Anabel Zarate-Marco, 2017. "Tax Effort of Local Governments and its Determinants: The Spanish Case," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 18(2), pages 323-348, November.
- repec:cuf:journl:y:2017:v:18:i:1:valles-gimenez is not listed on IDEAS
- Luis R. Murillo‐Zamorano, 2004. "Economic Efficiency and Frontier Techniques," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 33-77, February.
- Cristian Barra & Nazzareno Ruggiero, 2022. "How do dimensions of institutional quality improve Italian regional innovation system efficiency? The Knowledge production function using SFA," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 591-642, April.
- Nguyen, Trang T.T. & Prior, Diego & Van Hemmen, Stefan, 2020. "Stochastic semi-nonparametric frontier approach for tax administration efficiency measure: Evidence from a cross-country study," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 137-153.
- Anne-Kathrin Last & Heike Wetzel, 2009. "Effizienzmessverfahren – eine Einführung," Working Paper Series in Economics 145, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Muhammad Usman Arshad, 2021. "Forecasted E/P Ratio and ROE: Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE), China," SAGE Open, , vol. 11(2), pages 21582440211, June.
- Zhongqi Deng & Qianyu Zhao & Helen X. H. Bao, 2020. "The Impact of Urbanization on Farmland Productivity: Implications for China’s Requisition–Compensation Balance of Farmland Policy," Land, MDPI, vol. 9(9), pages 1-24, September.
- Galina Besstremyannaya, 2015. "Heterogeneous effect of residency matching and prospective payment on labor returns and hospital scale economies," Discussion Papers 15-001, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Selman Çakır, 2015.
"Technological progress and scientific indicators: a panel data analysis,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(3), pages 263-281, April.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Selman Cakir, 2014. "Technological Progress and Scienti?c Indicators: A Panel Data Analysis," Working Papers 2014/06, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Diby François Kassi & Dilesha Nawadali Rathnayake & Pierre Axel Louembe & Ning Ding, 2019. "Market Risk and Financial Performance of Non-Financial Companies Listed on the Moroccan Stock Exchange," Risks, MDPI, vol. 7(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Zarkovic, Maja, 2020. "Cap-and-trade and produce at least cost? Investigating firm behaviour in the EU ETS," Working papers 2020/12, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Sacchidananda Mukherjee, 2020.
"Goods and Services Tax efficiency across Indian States: panel stochastic frontier analysis,"
Indian Economic Review, Springer, vol. 55(2), pages 225-251, December.
- Mukherjee, Sacchidananda, 2020. "Goods and Services Tax Efficiency across Indian States: Panel Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Working Papers 20/310, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Arestis, Philip & Gonzalez-Martinez, Ana Rosa, 2016. "Revisiting the accelerator principle in a world of uncertainty: Some empirical evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 35-42.
- Maria Nieswand & Stefan Seifert, 2016. "Operational Conditions in Regulatory Benchmarking Models: A Monte Carlo Analysis," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1585, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Avipsa Mohanty & Dinabandhu Sethi & Asit Ranjan Mohanty, 2022. "Does petroleum tax revenue drive sales tax effort of Indian states? A stochastic frontier approach," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(1), pages 1257-1268, January.
- Ángeles Castro Gerardo & Ramírez Camarillo Diana Berenice, 2014. "Determinants of tax revenue in OECD countries over the period 2001-2011," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 59(3), pages 35-60, julio-sep.
- Akinola Ezekiel Morakinyo & Mabutho Sibanda, 2016. "The Determinants of Non-Performing Loans in the MINT Economies," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 8(5), pages 39-55.
- Nora Abu Asab & Juan Carlos Cuestas, 2017. "The Credibility of a Soft Pegged Exchange Rate in Emerging Market Economies: Evidence from a Panel Data Study," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 18(1), pages 29-51, May.
- Vallés-Giménez, Jaime & Zárate-Marco, Anabel, 2017. "Fungibility and bandwagon effects of capital transfers in a federal context," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-46, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Longjin Chen, 2021. "Tax enforcement interactions among Chinese provinces: A frontier and spatial analysis," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 332-348, March.
More about this item
Keywordsregional tax effort; regional taxes; tax potential; frontier techniques;
All these keywords.
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifweej:201931. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.