Financial Services to the Unbanked: the case of the Mzansi intervention in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zou, Hui, 2006. "The Adaptive Lasso and Its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1418-1429, December.
- Seiro ITO & Hisaki KONO, 2010. "Why Is The Take-Up Of Microinsurance So Low? Evidence From A Health Insurance Scheme In India," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 48(1), pages 74-101.
- Werner Boente & Ute Filipiak, 2011. "Financial Investments, Information Flows, and Caste Affiliation - Empirical Evidence from India," Schumpeter Discussion Papers sdp11014, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Benjamin Feigenberg & Erica Field & Rohini Pande, 2013. "The Economic Returns to Social Interaction: Experimental Evidence from Microfinance," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 80(4), pages 1459-1483.
- Bönte, Werner & Filipiak, Ute, 2012. "Financial literacy, information flows, and caste affiliation: Empirical evidence from India," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3399-3414.
- Altman, Morris, 2012. "Behavioural economics perspectives: Implications for policy and financial literacy," Working Paper Series 2195, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Shawn Cole & Thomas Sampson & Bilal Zia, 2011. "Prices or Knowledge? What Drives Demand for Financial Services in Emerging Markets?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(6), pages 1933-1967, December.
- Chris Hans, 2009. "Bayesian lasso regression," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 96(4), pages 835-845.
- Bauer, Michal & Chytilová, Julie, 2009. "The Impact of Education on the Subjective Discount Rate in Ugandan Villages," IZA Discussion Papers 4057, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Justine S. Hastings & Brigitte C. Madrian & William L. Skimmyhorn, 2013.
"Financial Literacy, Financial Education, and Economic Outcomes,"
Annual Review of Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 5(1), pages 347-373, May.
- Justine S. Hastings & Brigitte C. Madrian & William L. Skimmyhorn, 2012. "Financial Literacy, Financial Education and Economic Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 18412, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pascaline Dupas & Jonathan Robinson, 2013.
"Why Don't the Poor Save More? Evidence from Health Savings Experiments,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 103(4), pages 1138-1171, June.
- Pascaline Dupas & Jonathan Robinson, 2011. "Why Don't the Poor Save More? Evidence from Health Savings Experiments," NBER Working Papers 17255, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fan J. & Li R., 2001. "Variable Selection via Nonconcave Penalized Likelihood and its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1348-1360, December.
- Shelby D. Hunt, 2012. "Trust, Personal Moral Codes, and the Resource-Advantage Theory of Competition: Explaining Productivity, Economic Growth, and Wealth Creation," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 6(2), June.
- Hansheng Wang & Guodong Li & Chih‐Ling Tsai, 2007. "Regression coefficient and autoregressive order shrinkage and selection via the lasso," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 69(1), pages 63-78, February.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Patrick Honohan, 2009. "Access to Financial Services: Measurement, Impact, and Policies," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 24(1), pages 119-145, February.
- Hui Zou & Trevor Hastie, 2005. "Addendum: Regularization and variable selection via the elastic net," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(5), pages 768-768, November.
- Altman, Morris, 2012. "Implications of behavioural economics for financial literacy and public policy," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 677-690.
- Hui Zou & Trevor Hastie, 2005. "Regularization and variable selection via the elastic net," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(2), pages 301-320, April.
- Daye, Z. John & Jeng, X. Jessie, 2009. "Shrinkage and model selection with correlated variables via weighted fusion," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 1284-1298, February.
- Piotr Białowolski & Tomasz Kuszewski & Bartosz Witkowski, 2012. "Macroeconomic Forecasts in Models with Bayesian Averaging of Classical Estimates," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 6(1), March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wyz:journl:id:342. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcin Staniewski). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vizjapl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.