Trade policies for the European Union today
This paper analyses trade policies in the European Union. The common commercial policy is based on equal principles, particularly for changes in tariff rates, the conclusion of tariff and trade agreements, equal measures of liberalization, export policy and measures to protect trade with those to be taken in case of dumping or subsidies (anti-dumping and anti-subsidy). Is the common external trade policy, very free-trade and characterized by a minimal regulatory framework, suitable for the competitiveness and relocation governing the European Union today because of globalization that leads businesses to invest in areas with low labour costs and social protection? What leeway do national states have to introduce distortions in trade or the emergence of new business areas? Can Clusters be analysed like an alternative to traditional protectionism? Can strategic sectors be protected? …
Volume (Year): 3 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1(9) ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Str. J.H.Pestalozzi nr. 16, 300115, Timisoara|
Phone: 004 0256 592506
Fax: 004 0256 5925002
Web page: https://feaa.uvt.ro
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: 16 J. H. Pestalozzi Street, 300115, Timisoara, Romania|
Web: https://tje.uvt.ro Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eloi Laurent & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2005.
"La re-construction européenne : les nouvelles frontières de l'Union,"
- Eloi Laurent & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2005. "La re-construction européenne : les nouvelles frontières de l'Union," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/2104, Sciences Po.
- J-C.Asselain & B.Blancheton, 2005. "Dynamique de l'ouverture internationale. Paradoxes, enjeux, éléments d'interprétation à partir du cas de la France," Economies et Sociétés (Serie 'Histoire Economique Quantitative'), Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), issue 32, pages 49-179, January.
- Jean-Charles Asselain & Bertrand Blancheton, 2005. "Dynamique de l'ouverture internationale. Paradoxe, enjeux éléments d'interprétation à partir du cas de la France," Post-Print hal-00157046, HAL.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1993. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-598.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," NBER Working Papers 3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," Papers 14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Luigi Guiso & Fabiano Schivardi, 2007. "Spillovers in Industrial Districts," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(516), pages 68-93, 01.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/2104 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wun:journl:tje:v03:y2010:i1(9):a01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Romeo Margea)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.