Evaluating a Water Conservation Response to Climate Change in the Lower Boise River Basin
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard E. Howitt & Jay R. Lund, 1999. "Measuring the Economic Impacts of Environmental Reallocations of Water in California," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1268-1272.
- R. Garth Taylor & Robert D. Schmidt & Leroy Stodick & Bryce A. Contor, 2014. "Modeling Conjunctive Water Use as a Reciprocal Externality," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 96(3), pages 753-768.
- Ronald C. Griffin, 2006. "Water Resource Economics: The Analysis of Scarcity, Policies, and Projects," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026207267x, February.
- James F. Booker & Frank A. Ward, 1999. "Instream Flows and Endangered Species in an International River Basin: The Upper Rio Grande," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1262-1267.
- Howitt, Richard E. & Lund, Jay R., 1999. "Measuring the Economic Impacts of Environmental Reallocations of Water in California," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 271491, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Booker J. F. & Young R. A., 1994. "Modeling Intrastate and Interstate Markets for Colorado River Water Resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 66-87, January.
- Howe, Charles W., 2002. "Policy issues and institutional impediments in the management of groundwater: lessons from case studies," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(4), pages 625-641, October.
- Howe, Charles W., 2002. "Policy issues and institutional impediments in the management of groundwater: lessons from case studies," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(4), pages 605-616, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Shanxia Sun & Juan P. Sesmero & Karina Schoengold, 2016. "The role of common pool problems in irrigation inefficiency: a case study in groundwater pumping in Mexico," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(1), pages 117-127, January.
- Wasantha Athukorala & Clevo Wilson, 2012. "Groundwater overuse and farm-level technical inefficiency: evidence from Sri Lanka," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 279, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Levan Elbakidze & Brett Schiller & R. Garth Taylor, 2017. "Estimation of Short and Long Run Derived Irrigation Water Demands and Elasticities," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(01), pages 1-22, January.
- Antonio Rico-Amoros & David Sauri & Jorge Olcina-Cantos & José Vera-Rebollo, 2013. "Beyond Megaprojects?. Water Alternatives for Mass Tourism in Coastal Mediterranean Spain," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 27(2), pages 553-565, January.
- Zachary Donohew, 2009. "Property rights and western United States water markets ," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(1), pages 85-103, January.
- Iglesias, Eva & Garrido, Alberto & Gomez-Ramos, Almudena, 2003. "Evaluation of drought management in irrigated areas," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 211-229, October.
- Ghosh, Sanchari & Willett, Keith D., 2016. "Hydro-economic modeling of the benefits and costs of water management in the Santa Cruz border region," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235663, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Cécile Hérivaux & Jean-Daniel Rinaudo & Marielle Montginoul, 2019. "Exploring the Potential of Groundwater Markets in Agriculture: Results of a Participatory Evaluation in Five French Case Studies," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 6(01), pages 1-28, September.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Ben Groom, 2002. "Groundwater Management: An Overview of Hydro-geology, Economic Values and Principles of Management," DEOS Working Papers 0203, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Athukorala, Wasantha & Wilson, Clevo & Managi, Shunsuke, 2017. "Social welfare losses from groundwater over-extraction for small-scale agriculture in Sri Lanka: Environmental concern for land use," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(PA), pages 47-55.
- Scheierling, Susanne M. & Treguer, David O. & Booker, James F. & Decker, Elisabeth, 2014. "How to assess agricultural water productivity ? looking for water in the agricultural productivity and efficiency literature," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6982, The World Bank.
- Gürlük, Serkan & Ward, Frank A., 2009. "Integrated basin management: Water and food policy options for Turkey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2666-2678, August.
- C. Robert Clark & Andrew Leach, 2007. "The Potential for Electricity Market Restructuring in Quebec," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 33(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Elwin G. Smith & Mark E. Eiswerth & Terrence S. Veeman, 2010. "Current and Emerging Water Issues in Agriculture: An Overview," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 58(s1), pages 403-409, December.
- Mehmet Kucukmehmetoglu & Jean-Michel Guldmann, 2005. "Multi-Objective Programming for the Allocation of Trans-Boundary Water Resources - the Case of the Euphrates and Tigris," ERSA conference papers ersa05p9, European Regional Science Association.
- Marshall, Elizabeth P. & Weinberg, Marca, 2012. "Baselines in Environmental Markets: Tradeoffs Between Cost and Additionality," Economic Brief 138922, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Wada, Christopher A. & Pongkijvorasin, Sittidaj & Burnett, Kimberly M., 2020. "Mountain-to-sea ecological-resource management: Forested watersheds, coastal aquifers, and groundwater dependent ecosystems," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C).
- Mahan, Robert C. & Horbulyk, Theodore M. & Rowse, John G., 2002. "Market mechanisms and the efficient allocation of surface water resources in southern Alberta," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 25-49, March.
- James H. Skurray & Ram Pandit & David J. Pannell, 2013.
"Institutional impediments to groundwater trading: the case of the Gnangara groundwater system of Western Australia,"
Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(7), pages 1046-1072, September.
- Skurray, James H. & Pandit, Ram & Pannell, David J., 2011. "Institutional Impediments to Groundwater Trading: the case of the Gnangara groundwater system of Western Australia," Working Papers 117825, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Coram, Alex & Noakes, Lyle, 2009. "The optimal extraction of water along an arbitrarily configured river system," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(2), pages 1-14.
More about this item
KeywordsHydro-economic modeling; partial equilibrium modeling; externalities; conjunctive water use; groundwater irrigation; drain return irrigation; canal lining conservation; climate change water shortage;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:wepxxx:v:02:y:2016:i:03:n:s2382624x16500120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.worldscinet.com/wep/wep.shtml .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Tai Tone Lim (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.worldscinet.com/wep/wep.shtml .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.