An Overview of Islamic Finance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Olga Krasicka & Sylwia Nowak, 2012. "What’s in it for Me? A Primeron Differences between Islamic and Conventional Finance in Malaysia," IMF Working Papers 12/151, International Monetary Fund.
- Baele, Lieven & Farooq, Moazzam & Ongena, Steven, 2014.
"Of religion and redemption: Evidence from default on Islamic loans,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 141-159.
- Baele, Lieven & Farooq, Moazzam & Ongena, Steven, 2011. "Of Religion and Redemption: Evidence from Default on Islamic Loans," CEPR Discussion Papers 8504, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baele, L.T.M. & Farooq, Moazzam & Ongena, S.R.G., 2014. "Of religion and redemption : Evidence from default on Islamic loans," Other publications TiSEM b5dfdcea-ddd7-425f-8618-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Martin Čihák & Heiko Hesse, 2010.
"Islamic Banks and Financial Stability: An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 38(2), pages 95-113, December.
- Martin Cihak & Heiko Hesse, 2008. "Islamic Banks and Financial Stability; An Empirical Analysis," IMF Working Papers 08/16, International Monetary Fund.
- Sami Ben Naceur & Adolfo Barajas & Alexander Massara, 2017. "Can Islamic banking increase financial inclusion?," Chapters,in: Handbook of Empirical Research on Islam and Economic Life, chapter 9, pages 213-252 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- di Mauro, Filippo & Caristi, Pierluigi & Couderc, Stéphane & di Maria, Angela & Ho, Lauren & Grewal, Beljeet Kaur & Masciantonio, Sergio & Ongena, Steven & Zaher, Sajjad, 2013. "Islamic finance in Europe," Occasional Paper Series 146, European Central Bank.
- Siddiqi, Mohammad Nejatullah, 2006. "Islamic Banking And Finance In Theory And Practice: A Survey Of State Of The Art," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 13, pages 2-48.
- Godlewski, Christophe J. & Turk-Ariss, Rima & Weill, Laurent, 2013. "Sukuk vs. conventional bonds: A stock market perspective," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 745-761.
- Mohamed H. Rashwan, 2012. "How did listed Islamic and Traditional Banks Performed: pre and post the 2008 financial crisis?," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 2(2), pages 1-6.
- repec:wsi:jicepx:v:02:y:2011:i:02:n:s1793993311000270 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2013.
"Islamic vs. conventional banking: Business model, efficiency and stability,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 433-447.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2010. "Islamic vs. conventional banking : business model, efficiency and stability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5446, The World Bank.
- Rodney Wilson, 2008. "Innovation in the structuring of Islamicsukuk securities," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(3), pages 170-181, August.
- Heiko Hesse & Andreas (Andy) Jobst & Juan SolÃ©, 2008. "Trends and Challenges in Islamic Finance," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 9(2), pages 175-193, April.
- Andreas Jobst, 2007. "The Economics of Islamic Finance and Securitization," IMF Working Papers 07/117, International Monetary Fund.
- Alfred Kammer & Mohamed Norat & Marco Pinon & Ananthakrishnan Prasad & Christopher M Towe & Zeine Zeidane, 2015. "Islamic Finance; Opportunities, Challenges, and Policy Options," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 15/5, International Monetary Fund.
- Chong, Beng Soon & Liu, Ming-Hua, 2009. "Islamic banking: Interest-free or interest-based?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 125-144, January.
- Moazzam Farooq & Sajjad Zaheer, 2015.
"Are Islamic Banks More Resilient During Financial Panics?,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 101-124, February.
- Moazzam Farooq & Sajjad Zaheer, 2015. "Are Islamic Banks More Resilient during Financial Panics?," IMF Working Papers 15/41, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uddin, Md Akther, 2016. "Reemergence of Islamic Monetary Economics: A Review of Theory and Practice," MPRA Paper 72081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:212-224 is not listed on IDEAS
- Meslier, Céline & Risfandy, Tastaftiyan & Tarazi, Amine, 2017.
"Dual market competition and deposit rate setting in Islamic and conventional banks,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 318-333.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Tastaftiyan Risfandy & Amine Tarazi, 2016. "Dual Market Competition and Deposit Rate Setting in Islamic and Conventional Banks," Working Papers hal-01360021, HAL.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Tastaftiyan Risfandy & Amine Tarazi, 2017. "Dual Market Competition and Deposit Rate Setting in Islamic and Conventional Banks," Post-Print hal-01471747, HAL.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:67:y:2018:i:c:p:14-27 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ibrahim, Mansor H., 2016. "Business cycle and bank lending procyclicality in a dual banking system," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 127-134.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:138:y:2017:i:c:p:50-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mariam El Hamiani Khatat, 2016. "Monetary Policy in the Presence of Islamic Banking," IMF Working Papers 16/72, International Monetary Fund.
- Malika Akhatova & Mohd Pisal Zainal & Mansor H. Ibrahim, 2016. "Banking Models and Monetary Transmission Mechanisms in Malaysia: Are Islamic Banks Different?," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 35(2), pages 169-183, June.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic finance; Islamic banking; monetary policy; financial stability; Sukuk;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:jicepx:v:07:y:2016:i:01:n:s1793993316500034. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim). General contact details of provider: http://www.worldscinet.com/jicep/jicep.shtml .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.