Explaining the profitability of foreign banks in Shanghai
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gray, Jean M. & Gray, H. Peter, 1981. "The multinational bank: A financial MNC?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 33-63, March.
- Yamori, Nobuyoshi, 1998. "A note on the location choice of multinational banks: The case of Japanese financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 109-120, January.
- Hondroyiannis, George & Papapetrou, Evangelia, 1996. "International banking activity in Greece: The recent experience," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 207-215, August.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1985. "What's different about banks?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 29-39, January.
- M. K. Leung & D. Rigby & T. Young, 2003. "Entry of foreign banks in the People's Republic of China: a survival analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 21-31.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Subal Kumbhakar & Dan Wang, 2007. "Economic reforms, efficiency and productivity in Chinese banking," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 105-129, October.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Zhou, Mingming, 2009. "Bank ownership and efficiency in China: What will happen in the world's largest nation?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 113-130, January.
- Chan, Kam C. & Fung, Hung-Gay & Thapa, Samanta, 2007. "China financial research: A review and synthesis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 416-428.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Zhou, Mingming, 2007. "Bank ownership and efficiency in China : what lies ahead in the world's largest nation?," Research Discussion Papers 16/2007, Bank of Finland.
- M.K. Leung & T. Young, 2005. "Entry of foreign banks in Shanghai: implications for business strategies in an increasingly competitive market," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(6), pages 387-395.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:mgtdec:v:24:y:2003:i:1:p:15-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/7976 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.