Poverty among older people in Latin America and the Caribbean
This paper provides evidence on the incidence of poverty among older people in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), based on household survey microdata from 20 countries. The situation of older people is characterised in terms of income, education, health and access to services vis-�-vis the rest of the population. The paper identifies the role played by the current pension systems in LAC, and assesses the efforts needed to achieve substantial improvements towards the reduction of old age poverty. Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume (Year): 22 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav & van de Walle, Dominique, 1991. "Quantifying Absolute Poverty in the Developing World," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 37(4), pages 345-61, December.
- Haddad, L. & Kanbur, R., 1989.
"How Serious Is The Neglectof Intra-Household Inequality?,"
450, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Kanbur, Ravi, 1990. "How Serious Is the Neglect of Intra-Household Inequality?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(402), pages 866-81, September.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Kanbur, Ravi, 1989. "How serious is the neglect of intrahousehold inequality ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 296, The World Bank.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Leite, Phillippe G., 2003. "Policy options for meeting the Millennium Development Goals in Brazil : can micro-simulations help?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2975, The World Bank.
- Gasparini Leonardo & Leonardo Tornaroli, 2009.
"Labor Informality in Latin America and the Caribbean: Patterns and Trends from Household Survey Microdata,"
REVISTA DESARROLLO Y SOCIEDAD,
UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE, September.
- Leonardo Gasparini & Leopoldo Tornarolli, 2007. "Labor Informality in Latin America and the Caribbean: Patterns and Trends from Household Survey Microdata," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0046, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:22:y:2010:i:2:p:176-207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.