Foreign sectoral aid fungibility, growth and poverty reduction
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pack, Howard & Pack, Janet Rothenberg, 1990. "Is Foreign Aid Fungible? The Case of Indonesia," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(399), pages 188-194, March.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1995. "Institutions And Economic Performance: Cross-Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Measures," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 207-227, November.
- Sen, Amartya, 1998.
"Mortality as an Indicator of Economic Success and Failure,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 1-25, January.
- Amartya Sen, 1995. "Mortality as an Indicator of Economic Success and Failure," Papers innlec95/2, Innocenti Lectures.
- Swaroop, Vinaya & Jha, Shikha & Sunil Rajkumar, Andrew, 2000. "Fiscal effects of foreign aid in a federal system of governance: The case of India," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 307-330, September.
- Hansen, Henrik & Tarp, Finn, 2001. "Aid and growth regressions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 547-570, April.
- Filmer, Deon & Pritchett, Lant, 1999. "The impact of public spending on health: does money matter?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 49(10), pages 1309-1323, November.
- Mark McGillivray & Oliver Morrissey, 2000. "Aid fungibility in Assessing Aid: red herring or true concern?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 413-428, April.
- Ritva Reinikka & Jakob Svensson, 2004. "Local Capture: Evidence from a Central Government Transfer Program in Uganda," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(2), pages 679-705.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2011.
"Fungibility and the impact of development assistance: Evidence from Vietnam's health sector,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 62-73, January.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2008. "Fungibility and the impact of development assistance: evidence from Vietnam's health sector," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4800, The World Bank.
- Axel Dreher & Peter Nunnenkamp & Rainer Thiele, 2008.
"Does Aid for Education Educate Children? Evidence from Panel Data,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 22(2), pages 291-314, April.
- Dreher, Axel & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Thiele, Rainer, 2006. "Does aid for education educate children? Evidence from panel data," Kiel Working Papers 1290, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Axel Dreher & Peter Nunnenkamp & Rainer Thiele, 2006. "Does Aid for Education Educate Children? Evidence from Panel Data," KOF Working papers 06-146, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Dreher, Axel & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Thiele, Rainer, 2008. "Does Aid for Education Educate Children? Evidence from Panel Data," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 28827, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Anwar, Mumtaz & Rashid, Muhammad Khalid, 2011. "Effectiveness of foreign aid in the light of millennium development goal on the education sector: a case study of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 37141, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:rdevec:v:21:y:2017:i:3:p:627-663 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lukasz Marc, 2014. "The Causal Links between Aid and Government Expenditures," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-012/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- Minoiu, Camelia & Reddy, Sanjay G., 2010.
"Development aid and economic growth: A positive long-run relation,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 27-39, February.
- Sanjay G. Reddy & Camelia Minoiu, 2006. "Development Aid and Economic Growth: A Positive Long-Run Relation," Working Papers 29, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Sanjay Reddy & Camelia Minoiu, 2009. "Development Aid and Economic Growth; A Positive Long-Run Relation," IMF Working Papers 09/118, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil Bhavnani, 2004.
"Counting Chickens When They Hatch: The Short-term Effect of Aid on Growth,"
44, Center for Global Development.
- Michael A. Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil Bhavnani, 2004. "Counting chickens when they hatch: The short-term effect of aid on growth," International Finance 0407010, EconWPA.
- Feeny, Simon, 2007. "Foreign Aid and Fiscal Governance in Melanesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 439-453, March.
- Ojeaga, Paul, 2012. "Does Foreign Aid Promote Trade? Evidence from Some Selected African Countries," MPRA Paper 55580, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ojeaga, Paul, 2012. "Foreign Aid and African Exporters: Help or Harm?," MPRA Paper 55564, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martínez Álvarez, Melisa & Borghi, Josephine & Acharya, Arnab & Vassall, Anna, 2016. "Is Development Assistance for Health fungible? Findings from a mixed methods case study in Tanzania," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 161-169.
- Morrissey, Oliver, 2015. "Aid and Government Fiscal Behavior: Assessing Recent Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 98-105.
- Łukasz Marć, 2017.
"The Impact of Aid on Total Government Expenditures: New Evidence on Fungibility,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 627-663, August.
- Lukasz Marc, 2015. "The Impact of Aid on Total Government Expenditures: New Evidence on Fungibility," WIDER Working Paper Series 010, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Atsuko Tanaka, "undated". "Notes on Foreign Aid Selectivity Based on Human Capital," Working Papers 2015-23, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 27 Sep 2015.
- Jan Pettersson, 2007. "Child Mortality: Is Aid Fungibility in Pro-Poor Expenditure Sectors Decisive?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 143(4), pages 673-693, December.
- Alessandra Pelloni & Thanasis Stengos & Ilaria Tedesco, 2018. "Aid to agriculture, trade and take-off," Working Paper series 18-04, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Lukasz Marc, 2012. "New Evidence on Fungibility at the Aggregate Level," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-083/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Calì, Massimiliano & te Velde, Dirk Willem, 2011. "Does Aid for Trade Really Improve Trade Performance?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 725-740, May.
- repec:unu:wpaper:wp2012-01 is not listed on IDEAS
- McGillivray, Mark, 2006. "Aid Allocation and Fragile States," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2006/01, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Lars M. Johansson & Jan Pettersson, 2008.
"Tied Aid, Trade-Facilitating Aid or Trade-Diverting Aid?,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c013_008, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Pettersson, Jan & Johansson, Lars M, 2009. "Tied Aid, Trade-Facilitating Aid or Trade-Diverting Aid?," Working Paper Series 2009:5, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Fabrizio Carmignani & Grace Lordan & KK Tang, 2010. "Does aid for HIV respond to media pressure?," Discussion Papers Series 414, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Jean-Louis Combes & Rasmané Ouedraogo & Sampawende J Tapsoba, 2016. "What Does Aid Do to Fiscal Policy? New Evidence," IMF Working Papers 16/112, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:19:y:2007:i:8:p:1074-1098. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.