Predicting Corporate Failure Using a Neural Network Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kurt M. Fanning & Kenneth O. Cogger, 1994. "A Comparative Analysis of Artificial Neural Networks Using Financial Distress Prediction," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(4), pages 241-252, December.
- Tingâ€ Peng Liang & John S. Chandler & Ingoo Han & Jinsheng Roan, 1992. "An empirical investigation of some data effects on the classification accuracy of probit, ID3, and neural networks," Contemporary Accounting Research, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 9(1), pages 306-328, September.
- Kar Yan Tam & Melody Y. Kiang, 1992. "Managerial Applications of Neural Networks: The Case of Bank Failure Predictions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(7), pages 926-947, July.
- Gessner, Guy & Malhotra, Naresh K. & Kamakura, Wagner A. & Zmijewski, Mark E., 1988. "Estimating models with binary dependent variables: Some theoretical and empirical observations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 49-65, January.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, September.
- Beaver, Wh, 1968. "Market Prices, Financial Ratios, And Prediction Of Failure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 179-192.
- Duane B. Kennedy, 1992. "Classification techniques in accounting research: Empirical evidence of comparative performance," Contemporary Accounting Research, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 8(2), pages 419-442, March.
- Ohlson, Ja, 1980. "Financial Ratios And The Probabilistic Prediction Of Bankruptcy," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 109-131.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Balcaen S. & Ooghe H., 2004.
"Alternative methodologies in studies on business failure: do they produce better results than the classic statistical methods?,"
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series
2004-16, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- S. Balcaen & H. Ooghe, 2004. "Alternative methodologies in studies on business failure: do they produce better results than the classical statistical methods?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/249, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Zhang, Guoqiang & Y. Hu, Michael & Eddy Patuwo, B. & C. Indro, Daniel, 1999. "Artificial neural networks in bankruptcy prediction: General framework and cross-validation analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 16-32, July.
- Paul P. M. Pompe & Jan Bilderbeek, 2005. "Bankruptcy prediction: the influence of the year prior to failure selected for model building and the effects in a period of economic decline," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 95-112, June.
- Jayasekera, Ranadeva, 2018. "Prediction of company failure: Past, present and promising directions for the future," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 196-208.
- Ehsan Habib Feroz & Taek Mu Kwon & Victor S. Pastena & Kyungjoo Park, 2000. "The efficacy of red flags in predicting the SEC's targets: an artificial neural networks approach," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 145-157, September.
- Daniel E. O'Leary, 2010. "Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management: ISI journal and proceeding citations, and research issues from most‐cited papers," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 41-58, January.
- Ghassan Hossari, 2012. "Optimising errors in signaling corporate collapse using MCCCRA," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(3), pages 300-316, July.
- Andreas Charitou & Evi Neophytou & Chris Charalambous, 2004. "Predicting corporate failure: empirical evidence for the UK," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 465-497.
- Daniel E. O'Leary, 2009. "Downloads and citations in Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1‐2), pages 21-31, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:isacfm:v:4:y:1995:i:2:p:95-111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/1099-1174/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.