Measuring health inequality with realization of potential life years (RePLY)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Silber, Jacques, 1982. "Health and inequality : Some applications of uncertainty theory," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 16(19), pages 1663-1666, January.
- Tang, Kam Ki & Chin, Jackie T.C. & Rao, D.S. Prasada, 2008.
"Avoidable mortality risks and measurement of wellbeing and inequality,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 624-641, May.
- K.K.Tang & Prasada Rao, "undated". "Avoidable Mortality Risks and Measurement of Wellbeing and Inequality," MRG Discussion Paper Series 0806, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Cowell, F.A., 2000. "Measurement of inequality," Handbook of Income Distribution,in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 87-166 Elsevier.
- Kam-Ki Tang & Denis Petrie & Prasada Rao, "undated". "The Climate Trap of Health Development: Empirical Analysis of the Effects of Climate and Income on Mortality," MRG Discussion Paper Series 1908, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Allison, R. Andrew & Foster, James E., 2004. "Measuring health inequality using qualitative data," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 505-524, May.
- Le Grand, Julian, 1987. "Inequalities in health : Some international comparisons," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 182-191.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Warner & Prasada Rao & William E. Griffiths & Duangkamon Chotikapanich, 2011. "Global Inequality: Levels and Trends, 1993-2005," Discussion Papers Series 436, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Dennis Petrie & Kam Tang & D. Rao, 2015. "Measuring Health Inequality with Realization of Conditional Potential Life Years (RCPLY)," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 122(1), pages 21-44, May.
- Dennis Petrie & Kam Ki Tang, 2008. "A Rethink on Measuring Health Inequalities Using the Gini Coefficient," Discussion Papers Series 381, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Adriana Castelli & Olena Nizalova, 2011. "Avoidable mortality: what it means and how it is measured," Working Papers 063cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
More about this item
Keywordsmortality risk ; life tables ; avoidable deaths ; length‐of‐life ; health inequality ;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:18:y:2009:i:s1:p:s55-s75. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .