Effects of the German reference drug program on ex-factory prices of prescription drugs: a panel data approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Danzon Patricia M. & Ketcham Jonathan D., 2004.
"Reference Pricing of Pharmaceuticals for Medicare: Evidence from Germany, the Netherlands, and New Zealand,"
Forum for Health Economics & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-56, January.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Jonathan D. Ketcham, 2004. "Reference Pricing of Pharmaceuticals for Medicare: Evidence from Germany, the Netherlands, and New Zealand," NBER Chapters,in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 7, pages 1-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Jonathan D. Ketcham, 2003. "Reference Pricing of Pharmaceuticals for Medicare: Evidence from Germany, the Netherlands and New Zealand," NBER Working Papers 10007, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nina Pavcnik, 2002. "Do Pharmaceutical Prices Respond to Potential Patient Out-of-Pocket Expenses?," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(3), pages 469-487, Autumn.
- Puig-Junoy, Jaume, 2007. "The impact of generic reference pricing interventions in the statin market," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 14-29, November.
- Schneeweiss, Sebastian, 2007. "Reference drug programs: Effectiveness and policy implications," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 17-28, April.
- Zweifel, Peter & Crivelli, Luca, 1996. "Price Regulation of Drugs: Lessons from Germany," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 257-273, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Herr, A. & Suppliet, M., 2011.
"Co-Payment Exemptions and Reference Prices: an Empirical Study of Pharmaceutical Prices in Germany,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
11/18, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Herr, Annika & Suppliet, Moritz, 2012. "Pharmaceutical prices under regulation: Tiered co-payments and reference pricing in Germany," DICE Discussion Papers 48, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Suppliet, Moritz & Herr, Annika, 2016. "Cost-Sharing and Drug Pricing Strategies : Introducing Tiered Co-Payments in Reference Price Markets," Discussion Paper 2016-021, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Suppliet, Moritz & Herr, Annika, 2016. "Cost-Sharing and Drug Pricing Strategies : Introducing Tiered Co-Payments in Reference Price Markets," Discussion Paper 2016-040, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hanna Koskinen & Elina Ahola & Leena Saastamoinen & Hennamari Mikkola & Jaana Martikainen, 2014. "The impact of reference pricing and extension of generic substitution on the daily cost of antipsychotic medication in Finland," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 1-10, December.
- Izabela Jelovac, 2015.
"On the relationship between the negotiated prices of pharmaceuticals and the patients' co-payment,"
AccessEcon, vol. 35(1), pages 481-493.
- Izabela Jelovac, 2010. "On the relationship between the negociated price of pharmaceuticals and the patients' co-payment," Post-Print halshs-00588703, HAL.
- Izabela Jelovac, 2015. "On the relationship between the negociated price of pharmaceuticals and the patients' co-payment," Post-Print halshs-01089720, HAL.
- Aysegul Timur & Gabriel Picone & Jeffrey DeSimone, 2011.
"Has the European union achieved a single pharmaceutical market?,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management,
Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 223-244, December.
- Aysegul Timur & Gabriel Picone & Jeffrey S. DeSimone, 2010. "Has the European Union Achieved a Single Pharmaceutical Market?," NBER Working Papers 16261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Mueller & Alexander Frenzel, 2015. "Competitive pricing within pharmaceutical classes: evidence on “follow-on” drugs in Germany 1993–2008," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(1), pages 73-82, January.
- Herr, Annika, 2012. "Rationalisierung und Wettbewerb im Arzneimittelmarkt," DICE Ordnungspolitische Perspektiven 31, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Simone Ghislandi & Patrizio Armeni & Claudio Jommi, 2013. "The impact of generic reference pricing in Italy, a decade on," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 14(6), pages 959-969, December.
- Matteo Galizzi & Simone Ghislandi & Marisa Miraldo, 2011. "Effects of Reference Pricing in Pharmaceutical Markets," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 17-33, January.
- Herr, Annika & Stühmeier, Torben & Wenzel, Tobias, 2014. "Reference pricing and cost-sharing: Theory and evidence on German off-patent drugs," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100556, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:18:y:2009:i:4:p:421-436. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.