The effect of cigarette prices on youth smoking
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ross, Hana PhD & Chaloupka, Frank J. PhD, 2001. "The Effect of Cigarette Prices on Youth Smoking," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt8004m9n5, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lewit, Eugene M. & Coate, Douglas, 1982.
"The potential for using excise taxes to reduce smoking,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 121-145, August.
- Eugene M. Lewit & Douglas Coate, 1981. "The Potential for Using Excise Taxes to Reduce Smoking," NBER Working Papers 0764, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lewit, Eugene M & Coate, Douglas & Grossman, Michael, 1981.
"The Effects of Government Regulation on Teenage Smoking,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 545-569, December.
- Eugene M. Lewit & Douglas Coate & Michael Grossman, 1981. "The Effects of Government Regulation on Teenage Smoking," NBER Working Papers 0655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chaloupka, Frank, 1991. "Rational Addictive Behavior and Cigarette Smoking," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 722-742, August.
- Frank J. Chaloupka & Michael Grossman, 1996. "Price, Tobacco Control Policies and Youth Smoking," NBER Working Papers 5740, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Forster, J.L. & Murray, D.M. & Wolfson, M. & Blaine, T.M. & Wagenaar, A.C. & Hennrikus, D.J., 1998. "The effects of community policies to reduce youth access to tobacco," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 88(8), pages 1193-1198.
- Wasserman, Jeffrey & Manning, Willard G. & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Winkler, John D., 1991. "The effects of excise taxes and regulations on cigarette smoking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-64, May.
- Mullahy, John, 1998. "Much ado about two: reconsidering retransformation and the two-part model in health econometrics," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 247-281, June.
- Blough, David K. & Madden, Carolyn W. & Hornbrook, Mark C., 1999. "Modeling risk using generalized linear models," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 153-171, April.
- Manning, Willard G. & Mullahy, John, 2001.
"Estimating log models: to transform or not to transform?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 461-494, July.
- Willard G. Manning & John Mullahy, 1999. "Estimating Log Models: To Transform or Not to Transform?," NBER Technical Working Papers 0246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sara Markowitz & John Tauras, 2006. "Even For Teenagers, Money Does Not Grow on Trees: Teenage Substance Use and Budget Constraints," NBER Working Papers 12300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sara Markowitz & John Tauras, 2009. "Substance use among adolescent students with consideration of budget constraints," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 423-446, December.
- Hana Ross & Frank J. Chaloupka & Melanie Wakefield, 2006.
"Youth Smoking Uptake Progress: Price and Public Policy Effects,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 355-367, Spring.
- Ross, Hana PhD & Chaloupka, Frank J. PhD & Wakefield, Melanie PhD, 2003. "Youth Smoking Uptake Progress: Price and Public Policy Effects," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt59d1z56k, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- Anindya Sen & Tony Wirjanto, 2010. "Estimating the impacts of cigarette taxes on youth smoking participation, initiation, and persistence: empirical evidence from Canada," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(11), pages 1264-1280.
- Philip DeCicca & Donald Kenkel & Alan Mathios & Yoon-Jeong Shin & Jae-Young Lim, 2008.
"Youth smoking, cigarette prices, and anti-smoking sentiment,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 733-749.
- Philip DeCicca & Donald S. Kenkel & Alan D. Mathios & Yoon-Jeong Shin & Jae-Young Lim, 2006. "Youth Smoking, Cigarette Prices, and Anti-Smoking Sentiment," NBER Working Papers 12458, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hana Ross & Lisa M. Powell & John A. Tauras & Frank J. Chaloupka, 2005. "New Evidence on Youth Smoking Behavior based on Experimental Price Increases," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(2), pages 195-210, April.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:11:y:2005:i:3:p:275-290 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eleni Raptou & Konstadinos Mattas & Efthimia Tsakiridou & Constantinos Katrakilidis, 2005. "Factors Affecting Cigarette Demand," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 11(3), pages 275-290, August.
- Jennifer M. Mellor & Beth A. Freeborn, 2011.
"Religious participation and risky health behaviors among adolescents,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(10), pages 1226-1240, October.
- Jennifer M. Mellor & Beth A. Freeborn, 2009. "Religious Participation and Risky Health Behaviors among Adolescents," Working Papers 86, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Reiner Hanewinkel & Christian Radden & Tobias Rosenkranz, 2008. "Price increase causes fewer sales of factory-made cigarettes and higher sales of cheaper loose tobacco in Germany," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 683-693.
- Deliana Kostova & Hana Ross & Evan Blecher & Sara Markowitz, 2010. "Prices and Cigarette Demand: Evidence from Youth Tobacco Use in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 15781, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diener, Alan & Ahmed, Rashid & Snider, Judy & Kaiserman, Murray, 2007. "Retailer Compliance as a Predictor of Youth Smoking Participation and Consumption," MPRA Paper 3078, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tworek, Cindy & Yamaguchi, Ryoko & Kloska, Deborah D. & Emery, Sherry & Barker, Dianne C. & Giovino, Gary A. & O'Malley, Patrick M. & Chaloupka, Frank J., 2010. "State-level tobacco control policies and youth smoking cessation measures," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(2-3), pages 136-144, October.
- Karel Janda & Martin Strobl, 2019.
"Smoking Czechs: Modelling Tobacco Consumption and Taxation,"
Prague Economic Papers,
University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2019(1), pages 3-29.
- Karel Janda & Martin Strobl, 2018. "Smoking Czechs: Modeling Tobacco Consumption and Taxation," Working Papers IES 2018/01, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jan 2018.
- Powell, Lisa M. & Tauras, John A. & Ross, Hana, 2005. "The importance of peer effects, cigarette prices and tobacco control policies for youth smoking behavior," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 950-968, September.
- Steven M. Suranovic, 2005. "An Economic Model of Youth Smoking: Tax and Welfare Effects," HEW 0511003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Savage, Michael, 2017. "Do youth access control policies stop young people smoking? Evidence from Ireland," Papers WP572, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Christopher Carpenter & Philip J. Cook, 2007. "Cigarette Taxes and Youth Smoking: New Evidence from National, State, & Local Youth Risk Behavior Surveys," NBER Working Papers 13046, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:12:y:2003:i:3:p:217-230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.