Managed care and technical efficiency
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zuckerman, Stephen & Hadley, Jack & Iezzoni, Lisa, 1994. "Measuring hospital efficiency with frontier cost functions," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 255-280, October.
- Vitaliano, Donald F. & Toren, Mark, 1994. "Cost and efficiency in nursing homes: a stochastic frontier approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 281-300, October.
- Kodde, David A & Palm, Franz C, 1986. "Wald Criteria for Jointly Testing Equality and Inequality Restriction s," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1243-1248, September.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Manning, Willard G, et al, 1987. "Health Insurance and the Demand for Medical Care: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 251-277, June.
- U.-G. Gerdtham & M. Löthgren & M. Tambour & C. Rehnberg, 1999.
"Internal markets and health care efficiency: a multiple-output stochastic frontier analysis,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(2), pages 151-164.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Löthgren, Mickael & Tambour, Magnus & Rehnberg, Clas, 1998. "Internal Markets and Health Care Efficiency: A Multiple-Output Stochastic Frontier Analysis," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 222, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Hoerger, Thomas J., 1991. "'Profit' variability in for-profit and not-for-profit hospitals," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 259-289, October.
- Kooreman, Peter, 1994. "Nursing home care in The Netherlands: a nonparametric efficiency analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 301-316, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- H. Brown & José Pagán, 2006. "Managed care and the scale efficiency of US hospitals," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 278-289, December.
- Mehdi Farsi, 2008. "The temporal variation of cost-efficiency in Switzerland’s hospitals: an application of mixed models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 155-168, October.
- Eila Kankaanpää & Ismo Linnosmaa & Hannu Valtonen, 2011. "Public health care providers and market competition: the case of Finnish occupational health services," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(1), pages 3-16, February.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini, 2008.
"Effects of ownership, subsidization and teaching activities on hospital costs in Switzerland,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 335-350.
- Medhi Farsi & Massimo Filippini, 2006. "Effects of ownership, subsidization and teaching activities on hospital costs in Switzerland," Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano 0606, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- William Griffiths & Xiaohui Zhang & Xueyan Zhao, 2010.
"A Stochastic Frontier Model for Discrete Ordinal Outcomes: A Health Production Function,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
1092, The University of Melbourne.
- William Griffiths & Xiaohui Zhang & Xueyan Zhao, 2010. "A Stochastic Frontier Model for Discrete Ordinal Outcomes: A Health Production Function," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 3/10, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Annika Herr, 2008. "Cost and technical efficiency of German hospitals: does ownership matter?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(9), pages 1057-1071.
- Roxani Karagiannis & Michalis Hatziprokopiou, 2007. "Measuring and Explaining Technical Efficiency of Greek Public hospitals," Discussion Paper Series 2007_04, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Dec 2007.
- Tiemann, Oliver & Schreyögg, Jonas & Busse, Reinhard, 2012. "Hospital ownership and efficiency: A review of studies with particular focus on Germany," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 163-171.
- William Griffiths & Xiaohui Zhang & Xueyan Zhao, 2014. "Estimation and efficiency measurement in stochastic production frontiers with ordinal outcomes," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 67-84, August.
- Hacer Özgen Narcı & Yasar A. Ozcan & İsmet Şahin & Menderes Tarcan & Mustafa Narcı, 2015. "An examination of competition and efficiency for hospital industry in Turkey," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 407-418, December.
- repec:kap:hcarem:v:21:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10729-016-9378-y is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:12:y:2003:i:2:p:149-158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.