Using industrial organization and demand models for agribusiness research
Much recent theoretical and empirical industrial organization and demand research is directly useful in framing and conducting agribusiness research, in particular research on firm strategic decision making. This article discusses selected recent work that applies these models to analysis of firms' branding, product introduction, advertising, and entry|exit strategies. It then turns to applications of such models to analysis of how firm strategy interacts with government regulatory policies in the areas of antitrust, food product safety and quality, and food labeling. © 1992 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 8 (1992)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1987.
"Inter-industry studies of structure and performance,"
1874-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1989. "Inter-industry studies of structure and performance," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 951-1009 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:8:y:1992:i:6:p:537-548. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.