Structural Change, Competition And Job Turnover In The Swedish Manufacturing Industry 1964-96
The rate of inter-industry job turnover in Swedish manufacturing seems to be driven by the dispersion of profit changes among industries. Shifts in international competitiveness among industries played a central role for explaining this pattern. The rate of intra-industry job turnover among plants has been higher in industries with many small plants, low profit margins and high import penetration.
|Date of creation:||10 Jan 1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, Umeå University, S-901 87 Umeå, Sweden|
Phone: 090 - 786 61 42
Fax: 090 - 77 23 02
Web page: http://www.econ.umu.se/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x.
- Salvanes, K-G, 1996.
"Market Rigidities and Labour Market Flexibility : An International Comparison,"
23/96, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Salvanes, Kjell G, 1997. " Market Rigidities and Labour Market Flexibility: An International Comparison," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(2), pages 315-33, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1989.
"Inter-industry studies of structure and performance,"
Handbook of Industrial Organization,
in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 951-1009
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1987. "Inter-industry studies of structure and performance," Working papers 1874-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Hansson, Par, 1992. " The Discipline of Imports: The Case of Sweden," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(4), pages 589-97.
- Steven J. Davis & John C. Haltiwanger & Scott Schuh, 1998. "Job Creation and Destruction," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262540932.
- Baldwin, John R & Gorecki, Paul K, 1994. "Concentration and Mobility Statistics in Canada's Manufacturing Sector," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 93-103, March.
- Eli Berman & John Bound & Zvi Griliches, 1993. "Changes in the Demand for Skilled Labor within U.S. Manufacturing Industries: Evidence from the Annual Survey of Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 4255, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCloughan, Patrick, 1995. "Simulation of Concentration Development from Modified Gibrat Growth-Entry-Exit Processes," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 405-33, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:umnees:0486. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Skog)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.