Management simulators: A tool for fostering experience-based learning of agribusiness management concepts
This article examines the role of a management simulator in teaching an agribusiness management course. The use of the simulator is described and the critical issue of the simulator's correspondence with management course content is discussed. A set of requirements for the realization of the maximum net benefits of using a simulator is presented for consideration. The conclusion is that the costs and benefits are neither global nor explicit and should be carefully and subjectively estimated before a decision is made on whether to incorporate a simulation game into an agribusiness management course.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 3 (1987)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Siegfried, John J & Fels, Rendigs, 1979. "Research on Teaching College Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 17(3), pages 923-969, September.
- Michael D. Boehlje & Vernon R. Eidman, 1978. "Simulation and Gaming Models: Application in Teaching and Extension Programs," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 60(5), pages 987-992.
- Lewis, Darrell R & Dalgaard, Bruce R & Boyer, Carol M, 1985. "Cost Effectiveness of Computer-assisted Economics Instruction," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 91-96, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:3:y:1987:i:4:p:403-412. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.