Strategy|performance|environmental linkages in agribusiness: Conceptual issues and a developing country example
Business strategy is concerned with the “fit” between an organisation's strengths and weaknesses and its external environment. A successful match should result in better performance. The strategy|environment|performance relationship is complex and poses significant analytical problems. This paper discusses alternative approaches to investigating the relationship and presents examples from a study of the Zimbabwean food processing industry. Â©1994 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 10 (1994)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. E. Westgren & S. T. Sonka & K. K. Litzenberg, 1988. "Strategic issue identification among agribusiness firms," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 25-37.
- William D. Dobson & Jay T. Akridge, 1989. "Establishing agribusiness research priorities and coordinating agribusiness research," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(4), pages 315-333.
- Richard T. Rogers & Julie A. Caswell, 1988.
"Strategic management and the internal organization of food marketing firms,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 3-10.
- Rogers, Richard T. & Caswell, Julie A., 1987. "Strategic Management and the Internal Organization of Food Marketing Firms," Working Papers 115796, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:10:y:1994:i:5:p:419-429. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.