An Overview of Global Income Inequality Trends
The article reviews trends in global poverty and inequality in the recent decades. It provides evidence that global poverty, especially extreme poverty, reduced significantly, however income disparities between global citizens of the world remained unchanged. The article also discusses policy implications of widening inequality within countries and globally.
Volume (Year): 1 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1818 H Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20433|
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: http://www.worldbank.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Denis Cogneau & Sandrine Mesplé-Somps, 2008. "Inequality of Opportunity for Income in Five Countries of Africa," Working Papers DT/2008/04, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Marc Fleurbaey & Vito Peragine & Xavier Ramos, 2015.
"Ex Post Inequality of Opportunity Comparisons,"
05-2015, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Oct 2015.
- Fleurbaey, Marc & Peragine, Vito & Ramos, Xavier, 2015. "Ex Post Inequality of Opportunity Comparisons," IZA Discussion Papers 9407, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marc Fleurbaey & Vito Peragine & Xavier Ramos, 2015. "Ex Post Inequality of Opportunity Comparisons," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 796, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Daniele Checchi & Vito Peragine, 2010. "Inequality of opportunity in Italy," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(4), pages 429-450, December.
- Ashish Singh, 2012. "Inequality Of Opportunity In Earnings And Consumption Expenditure: The Case Of Indian Men," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 58(1), pages 79-106, 03.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4320 is not listed on IDEAS
- Atkinson, A B, 1997. "Bringing Income Distribution in from the Cold," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 297-321, March.
- Atkinson, A-B, 1996. "Bringing Income Distribution in from the Cold," Economics Papers 117, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Nadia Belhaj Hassine, 2012. "Inequality of Opportunity in Egypt," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 26(2), pages 265-295.
- Nadia Belhaj Hassine, 2010. "Inequality of Opportunity in Egypt," Working Papers 549, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2010.
- Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Jérémie Gignoux, 2011. "The Measurement Of Inequality Of Opportunity: Theory And An Application To Latin America," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(4), pages 622-657, December.
- Ferreira , Francisco H. G. & Gignoux, Jeremie, 2008. "The measurement of inequality of opportunity : theory and an application to Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4659, The World Bank.
- Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Jérémie Gignoux, 2011. "The Measurement of Inequality of Inequality of Opportunity: Theory and an Application to Latin America," Post-Print halshs-00754503, HAL.
- Marrero, Gustavo A. & Rodríguez, Juan G., 2013. "Inequality of opportunity and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 107-122.
- Gustavo A. Marrero & Juan G. Rodríguez, 2009. "Inequality of Opportunity and Growth," Working Papers 2009-24, FEDEA.
- Gustavo A. Marrero & Juan G. Rodríguez, 2010. "Inequality of opportunity and growth," Working Papers 154, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Gustavo A. Marrero & Juan Gabriel Rodríguez, 2010. "Inequality of opportunity in Europe: Economic and policy facts," Working Papers 172, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:prminq:v01:i01-01-april2012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Reva)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.