Interjurisdictional Determinants of Property Assessment Regressivity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rachel N. Weber & Daniel P. McMillen, 2010. "Ask and Ye Shall Receive? Predicting the Successful Appeal of Property Tax Assessments," Public Finance Review, , vol. 38(1), pages 74-101, January.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- McMillen, Daniel P. & Weber, Rachel N., 2008. "Thin Markets and Property Tax Inequities: A Multinomial Logit Approach," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 61(4), pages 653-671, December.
- G. Donald Jud & Terry G. Seaks, 1994. "Sample Selection Bias in Estimating Housing Sales Prices," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 9(3), pages 289-298.
- Mark A. Sunderman & John W. Birch & Roger E. Cannaday & Thomas W. Hamilton, 1990. "Testing for Vertical Inequity in Property Tax Systems," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 5(3), pages 319-334.
- Alexander Whalley, 2013.
"Elected versus Appointed Policy Makers: Evidence from City Treasurers,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(1), pages 39-81.
- Alexander Whalley, 2010. "Elected Versus Appointed Policymakers: Evidence from City Treasurers," NBER Working Papers 15643, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John L. Mikesell, 1980. "Property Tax Reassessment Cycles: Significance for Uniformity and Effective Rates," Public Finance Review, , vol. 8(1), pages 23-37, January.
- Justin M. Ross, 2011. "Assessor Incentives and Property Assessment," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 776-794, January.
- Zodrow, George R., 2001. "The Property Tax as a Capital Tax: A Room With Three Views," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 54(1), pages 139-156, March.
- Clapp, John M, 1990. "A New Test for Equitable Real Estate Tax Assessment," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 233-249, September.
- Zodrow, George R., 2001. "The Property Tax as a Capital Tax: A Room with Three Views," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 54(n. 1), pages 139-56, March.
- Gary A. Hoover, 2008. "Elected Versus Appointed School District Officials," Public Finance Review, , vol. 36(5), pages 635-647, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Makowsky, Michael & Sanders, Shane, 2013. "Political costs and fiscal benefits: The political economy of residential property value assessment under Proposition 212," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(3), pages 359-363.
More about this item
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H73 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Interjurisdictional Differentials and Their Effects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:88:y:2012:i:1:p:28-42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.