Public Debt And Economic Growth In The European Union
The main aim of the article is to present the relationships between public debt and economic growth in the European Union in the period 2000â€“2010. The article consists of two parts. The first part deals with theoretical analysis of the relationships between public debt and economic growth, including reasons and factors determining these relationships. In the next part of article, there are examined the relationships between public debt and gross domestic product in the EU by using the Vector Autoregression Model (VAR). There are estimated elasticity coefficients of public debt to GDP and elasticity coefficients of GDP to public debt on the base of impulse response function. Then, there is made variance decomposition of the public debt and GDP in order to assess the impact of these factors on the variability of GDP and public debt respectively.
Volume (Year): 5 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3(13)/Fall 2010 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www2.spiruharet.ro/facultati/facultate.php?id=14|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Helene Poirson Ward & Luca A Ricci & Catherine A Pattillo, 2004. "What Are the Channels Through Which External Debt Affects Growth?," IMF Working Papers 04/15, International Monetary Fund.
- Moore, Winston & Thomas, Chrystol, 2008.
"A Meta-Analysis of the Relationship between Debt and Growth,"
21474, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Winston Moore, 2010. "A meta-analysis of the relationship between debt and growth," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(3), pages 214-225, November.
- Jaejoon Woo & Manmohan S. Kumar, 2010. "Public Debt and Growth," IMF Working Papers 10/174, International Monetary Fund.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2010.
"Growth in a Time of Debt,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(2), pages 573-578, May.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth S., 2010. "Growth in a Time of Debt," Scholarly Articles 11129154, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2010. "Growth in a Time of Debt," CEPR Discussion Papers 7661, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2010. "Growth in a Time of Debt," NBER Working Papers 15639, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saleh, Ali Salman, 2003. "The Budget Deficit and Economic Performance: A Survey," Economics Working Papers wp03-12, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ush:jaessh:v:5:y:2010:i:3(13)_fall2010:p:116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Stefanescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.